Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

As to Cole or Jalen, as I've shared, I could see us trading one of these two. I'd like to keep Jalen, but we'll see. All of this is my opinion, by the way, not insider info.

One team that I'd love to see go all in for Durant is the Nuggets. Porter Jr, Bones Hyland, bunch of picks. Jokic and Durant would be incredible together and the West is right there for the taking

On 11/17/2022 at 4:50 PM, jmmagicfan said:

Not according to the Trade Machine (https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine) it doesn't. Bamba makes about $1M too much for a straight-up trade, which means we would have to include other players from both teams; or include another player from Chicago to match salary, and waive someone to open up a slot to complete the trade. 

White and Williams for Bamba and Houstan does work after Dec 15th, though. Not sure if Chicago would bite on that though, even if White and Williams have both fallen down their rotation. 

https://nbatraderumor.com/trading/9f1022f9-7667-41c0-910b-9d45bcb06912

it doesn't work

Deadline tomorrow. 

My head says we make fringe moves or do nothing.

Cant help but hope for something a bit meatier though! In an ideal world for me we accomplish: 

Trading Bamba

Adding a better fitting backup big

Move Ross 

Add some bench shooting/scoring.

Would still love to get Devin Vassell. I think with Bamba, Ross, Harris, Hampton, Okeke and all the Picks, it should be possible to make a packet that the Spurs would agree. Maybe something like Bamba, Ross, Okeke, Bulls-Pick an Nuggets-Pick for Vassell and McDermott.

21 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Would still love to get Devin Vassell. I think with Bamba, Ross, Harris, Hampton, Okeke and all the Picks, it should be possible to make a packet that the Spurs would agree. Maybe something like Bamba, Ross, Okeke, Bulls-Pick an Nuggets-Pick for Vassell and McDermott.

Would you accept that exact package for Franz Wagner? 

If your answer is no (and it should be no) why would you expect the Spurs to do it for Vassell? 

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

Would still love to get Devin Vassell. I think with Bamba, Ross, Harris, Hampton, Okeke and all the Picks, it should be possible to make a packet that the Spurs would agree. Maybe something like Bamba, Ross, Okeke, Bulls-Pick a Nuggets-Pick for Vassell and McDermott.

It works in NBA 2K but definitely not something the Spurs accept. 

15 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

One team that I'd love to see go all in for Durant is the Nuggets. Porter Jr, Bones Hyland, bunch of picks. Jokic and Durant would be incredible together and the West is right there for the taking

This is actually an amazing idea. Works for both teams and nuggets, who are already favorites in the west, likely become an unstoppable force for the next 2 to 3 years unless we don't think Jokic and Durant's games jive well. 

• Like 1