Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

For me, that’s far too much to give up for OG and a five month rental of Trent Jr. Not including Bol, who has great value, that’s like surrounding 4 firsts, as I believe Suggs still has the value of a first.

I’m expecting Denver and the Magic to be contenders in 2025 so those picks are later first round. The Chicago pick this year should be lottery, but we don’t have the room or need to add two more rookies in the next draft in my opinion. 

As for Bol, Bamba and Ross I believe removing them would be addition by subtraction. 

Suggs would hurt to give up, but I believe OG is a better player. 

Lastly, I would push to resign Trent as we have the cap space. 

8 hours ago, Natesroom said:

amen brother... non negotiable trades right now would be:

Franz, Paolo, WCJ + For injury reasons unsure of potential JI and Suggs + Chemistry reasons Moe

these three close to being a no on is Harris and Bol and Houstan

Every one else should be on the table.

Disagree. Fultz is untouchable. He’s the catalyst of this team. Just look at the teams spilts over the last 3 years with him playing vs out. 

The difference is remarkable, especially this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a player who is unavailable for ANY trade, but here's my listing of what it would take:

Franz, Paolo, Markelle, Wendell - if you want one of them you better be including a multi-time all-star under 30y.o. to even start the discussion.

Isaac is about the same if he stays healthy the rest of the season.

These next guys I would like to keep, but the right package of players in the 22-25y.o. range and/or draft picks could sway me.

I really like Harris, but again, he needs to stay healthy the rest of the season. Moe Wagner is tough, because I think he is more valuable to us than to anyone else.

I would like to give Okeke, Suggs, & Houstan more time to get healthy and/or develop, but they are negotiable. 

Now we are getting down to guys that I would be okay with trading, individually or in some kind of package deal.

Cole is probably our most valuable, tradeable asset in terms of potential value. Unfortunately because of his rookie contract the best offers for him would have to be in conjunction with other (expiring?) players. If we could get more of the team concept into his head, he'd be worth keeping, but his strong tendency to descend into "hero ball" is concerning. It blows up into disaster as often as it results in a win. I do love his energy and enthusiasm, though. 

Bol is an interesting player with a lot of good things on the offensive side, but he's detrimental on defense. He doesn't have the heft to play defense (right now?). Could that change? Maybe, but he has to stay healthy and put on some weight. He has a similar body type to his father, who never really could put on weight. Same value problem as Cole, his contract is cheap, so getting equal value would probably require a multi-player trade. 

Bamba is one of those guys who looks so much better on paper than he does in actual games. How a guy his size can be so poor on defense and rebounding astounds me. He does enough well on the offensive end that someone might take a chance of him developing a more complete game. I hope we can turn him into other assets. 

Ross is my most disappointing player this year. His offense has been even more inconsistent, and he seems to be falling out of the rotation. The torch lightings have been few and far between, and we don't seem to ride them when they do happen. He expires at the end of the season, so get whatever you can get now. Maybe package him  with Cole or Bol to help offset salaries on a multi-layer deal.

RJ Hampton had a miserable pre-season, but I think he has actually played well when given the opportunity. I just don't have a good handle on what value to place on him. He is an expiring rookie contract - so again you would have to package him with other players to get decent value, or settle for picks. I think he would be more valuable to other teams than he is to us, but I'm not sure that anyone has seen enough to give us a decent offer. He's kind of been the lost guy this year. 

+1. Our evaluations are similar, however I’m higher on Cole and lower on Suggs and much lower on Bol. 

I don’t understand the majority of the boards infatuation with Bol. Yes he’s big and can dribble/shot pretty well for a man his size, but he’s a net negative. His +/- is legitimately the worst on the team by a significant margin. 

11 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Disagree. Fultz is untouchable. He’s the catalyst of this team. Just look at the teams spilts over the last 3 years with him playing vs out. 

The difference is it’s remarkable, especially this year. 

IMO Fultz will continue to improve. If he ever gets a reliable outside shot he will be one of the best PGs in the league. We've already seen how the team flounders without him, so I think it's in our best interest to keep the chemistry intact at least through the season. and see what we have with everyone healthy. We have some decent players to trade plus some valuable picks. We don't need 2 lottery picks, so 1 of our 2 picks and a player/players should get us another good player to our core.

8 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

+1. Our evaluations are similar, however I’m higher on Cole and lower on Suggs and much lower on Bol. 

I don’t understand the majority of the boards infatuation with Bol. Yes he’s big and can dribble/shot pretty well for a man his size, but he’s a net negative. His +/- is legitimately the worst on the team by a significant margin. 

Bol is so much fun that’s why we all like him. Also off the bench with his youth he still has upside. He is a great shooter surprisingly as well.

I am lower on Cole. He is having a nice stretch right now but he’s done this before. His hero ball game can drive me crazy sometimes. Coles game comes down to can he make his jumpers consistently.  If e can he is a good sixth man. If not his game is awful especially on defense. Also he thinks he’s a starter (he is not) and wants to be paid. 

Suggs has been very disappointing as I had very high hopes for him on draft day. He looks now like he tops out as Marcus Smart if we are lucky.  I still think Suggs trade value is way higher than Coles though.

Bamba and Ross were held out last night - coach's decision.

This is clearly a telling sign. I have to believe both of these guys are gone by the trade deadline and would be surprised otherwise.

28 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Bamba and Ross were held out last night - coach's decision.

This is clearly a telling sign. I have to believe both of these guys are gone by the trade deadline and would be surprised otherwise.

Yeah, Ross, Bamba and RJ are all probably gone