Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

What’s interesting is there are team options on Harris and Bamba for next year. I’m really curious if we can generate anything decent for one of these guys. (Honestly, I’m fine keeping Harris). Meanwhile, the most I think we can/will get for Ross is a second. He’s just average and older at this point.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

What’s interesting is there are team options on Harris and Bamba for next year. I’m really curious if we can generate anything decent for one of these guys. (Honestly, I’m fine keeping Harris). Meanwhile, the most I think we can/will get for Ross is a second. He’s just average and older at this point.

The team options are actually on Harris, Bamba, and Bol, so we have some great control. The guarantee on Bol is for only $2.2M for next season. 

I'm good with Harris sticking around. Bamba and Ross are too inconsistent for the amount of playing time they get. Cole is dangerously close to falling into that category too

The more games we win, and the more I see Coach force an 11 man rotation, the more I’m convinced we’re gonna make a deal. It’s crazy cause we’re so young, but I think we should push for the play-in and get the kids that experience early. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The more games we win, and the more I see Coach force an 11 man rotation, the more I’m convinced we’re gonna make a deal. It’s crazy cause we’re so young, but I think we should push for the play-in and get the kids that experience early. 

I think we make the playoffs....

the only thing that i do wonder is if management start tanking 1 last time 

Possibly recency bias but I don't want to trade Gary Harris. He's a part of one of the best starting 5s in the league and gives us exactly what we need at the 2, low usage, solid defensively, good shooter. 

Unless he gets you a considerable upgrade or a haul from a contender I'd ride with him. 

If we can move some combo of Bamba/Ross/RJ/2nds and get a long term bench piece (or if you don't give up much an expiring who improves the bench) we should probably do that. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Possibly recency bias but I don't want to trade Gary Harris. He's a part of one of the best starting 5s in the league and gives us exactly what we need at the 2, low usage, solid defensively, good shooter. 

Unless he gets you a considerable upgrade or a haul from a contender I'd ride with him. 

If we can move some combo of Bamba/Ross/RJ/2nds and get a long term bench piece (or if you don't give up much an expiring who improves the bench) we should probably do that. 

yep harris is a keeper. 100 percent 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Who do you think/like we realistically get with this combo?

Is it enough to get Trent?

35 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Who do you think/like we realistically get with this combo?

Is it enough to get Trent?

Probably not. Not unless Toronto values Mo Bamba a lot more than I do. 

I don't really know. Maybe there's a team out there with buyers remorse from free agency but we feel like that player would be better served here (Isaiah Hartenstein comes to mind since we were linked with him as a free agent). 

Or maybe just a fringe move like finding someone to take RJ and give us a second which opens up a roster spot to take some other vet min type we think could help us that another team doesn't want to or can't afford to keep (Philly are trying to give away Furkan Korkmaz and Jaden Springer to get under the tax apparently so a move like that?) 

Or maybe there's better splashier moves that I can't see because I don't think the guy is available? Time will tell. 

I'm not really expecting a lot at the deadline though like some people.

You know I really like TJ McConnell as a backup PG. Don't know if the Pacers would be interested in moving him but they've got Haliburton and Nembhard at PG and a bunch of SGs. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Finally!!!! :)

It's not a difference maker (as maybe he was before the long list of injuries) but it's a good fit with the rest of this lineup. Silent player that makes the right things.

As for the trade deadline question, my answer is the same that I've wrote in those last weeks. Sell some depth (and picls if needed) for quality. Ross has being out of rotation we have a lot of bigs... there's something to do there, but I'm also not sure that FO will make a move. They should though, IMO.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

You know I really like TJ McConnell as a backup PG. Don't know if the Pacers would be interested in moving him but they've got Haliburton and Nembhard at PG and a bunch of SGs. 

he is a quality back up