Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

When are we going to move Cole's helter skelter, me first, inconsistent, slow getting across half court, hero ball playing self from this team. (By the way, I borrowed some of Ball Junkie's words when describing a player--any player--from a previous post) Hahaha!

For the position Cole plays--backup point guard, shooting guard, whatever. I'm tired of watching him. 

I want to see a newbie like Caleb Houstan more and on the court with Kelle, Franz, and Paolo. He is young, has shown flashes in the few minutes he has played,  and has so much potential.

***Go ahead and down vote me all you want. That's MY opinion.

Preach it ❤️

• Upvote 1

Stein is reporting FVV turned down a 4 year/114MM extension before the season. That's way more than I'd want to spend on him, so I hope he's off our trade board.

Yeah screw that. I'm telling you the move, if we make one will be with the Pacers. I'd love one of the young guys like Nembhard or Duarte. Shooters. But what would they want? 

Of course i already stated i would trade vets for Buddy Hield. The thing is there are two ways to make a trade with the Pacers. They already know the Future of the team is a Haliburton and Mathurin back court. The Pacers need to decide if they want to re-sign Myles Turner who has been in trade rumors for years. If they trade Buddy i think it would be more about the picks then players. I could see them taking a flyer on Bamba, plus Gary Harris but mostly the picks would determine that trade. As far as the young guys they have too many. Maybe we could trade Bol Bol for one of Nesmith,Nembhard or Duarte. 

People would riot, but the fact is Bol Bol is a front court player on our team and he plays like a guard. Our front court is set for the next half decade. Depth is great but i would rather they keep Franz's brother. 

The sooner we start putting shooters around Paolo,Franz and WCJ the better. 

Edit. The Pacers need size, they have none outside of Smith and Turner. We have Bol Bol, Bamba and JI. Chuma is hurt and JI to be determined in the next 3 weeks. Nobody needs to be traded in season and i think it's the same for the Pacers, who are currently a playoff team. 

The only reason for either team to make a trade is because the other team reached out with a good offer. Some team will offer the Pacers something. Now all the players i talked about could still be on the same teams this year. It only takes one team to start. Why not us? I would love to start acquiring shooters now. 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Stein is reporting FVV turned down a 4 year/114MM extension before the season. That's way more than I'd want to spend on him, so I hope he's off our trade board.

I also read that on ESPN. They have a good article on The Raptors trade deadline. I agree that is way too much. I’d rather go after Trent Jr. 

I’ve been thinking about it, we have a couple glaring needs that we have the pieces to address.

- A backup Center. Wendell isn’t healthy enough to be our only real Center. Bamba isn’t an nba player. Moe Wagner and Bol Bol have matchups they can sometimes exploit but neither are Centers. Someone like Plumlee or Holmes or Poeltl would be huge.

- A wing that can defend the perimeter and make shots. I know I said I was out on OG because of health, but I think I’m waffling on that. He’d be a perfect fit and probably worth more of our assets than I want to admit. If we can’t get OG, maybe Trent? 

Also perfectly fine holding until the off-season if a deal doesn’t present itself, but at the same time we need to get assets for guys we are done with, Ross, Bamba and RJ being the main names that come to mind. I also don’t see the benefit in adding 2 more lotto picks to this team that’s already so young. 

• Upvote 1

I would not mind Jordan Clarkson from the Jazz as a low key get. He has a player option for next year so he is expiring. Problem is the Jazz are fronted by the notorious Danny Ainge. He will want a first round pick and he will get it from some dumb team. We can't afford to give up this years or next years picks. Maybe a future one.

Other low key targets that don't mess up the timeline, maybe Alec Burks or Doug McDermott. 

Obviously i'm talking about non expensive guys. If some team is willing to trade a more serious player i still wouldn't do it until offseason to see what picks we get.

Either way if guys stay healthy expect Ross to be waived unless he is part of a salary swap.

I mentioned Richuan Holmes earlier but I didn't realise his contract was so long and so big. He's not good enough (defensively specifically) to be on the hook for another 2 years after this at 12m a season. So I'm out on that even though I still think backup C is a need.

Trade deadline: Feb 9

Jae Crowder (Veteran) 32 yrs old, 6'6" 235 - $10,100 - in his last year of current contract

FOR

T. Ross (Veteran) 31 yrs old (32 on Feb 5) - $11,500 - in his last year of current contract

Pros to trade for Jae: plays better D than T.Ross, would help the Magic to be tougher / play harder. Get him in shape for a possible run to the play-in and playoffs, might like it here and sign. 

Pros for T.Ross: Goes to a contender...respect for him.

DONE DEAL OR NOT SO FAST?

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jae Crowder (Veteran) 32 yrs old, 6'6" 235 - $10,100 - in his last year of current contract

FOR

T. Ross (Veteran) 31 yrs old (32 on Feb 5) - $11,500 - in his last year of current contract

Pros to trade for Jae: plays better D than T.Ross, would help the Magic to be tougher / play harder, get him in shape for a possible run to the play-in and playoffs, might like IT here and sign 

IMO with some combination of Ross, Harris, RJ, Chuma, Suggs, and/or picks, we could possibly grab someone that can become part of our core. Love Jalen, but the boy can't shoot.

9 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

FOR

Pros to trade for Jae: plays better D than T.Ross, would help the Magic to be tougher / play harder. Get him in shape for a possible run to the play-in and playoffs, might like it here and sign. 

Crowder refusing to play for the Suns a year after they won 60+ games but you think he'll be happy being traded here?

Hard pass for me. 

I wish we could get SGA from Thunder. Real superstar and a player who can get us back to playoffs and future contention. I would give up draft picks and players like Suggs, Cole, Carter.