Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

19 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

If the Magic make a trade I want it to be a BIG ONE. Trading Bamba for whatever piece the Kings can part with doesn't do it for me. Otherwise just pray we land Wemby and the Bulls pick at #5 until the Magic finish January against better than .500 competition and everyone knows if this recent run just wasn't a fluke

In any big / blockbuster trade that the Magic engage in, Wendell or Markelle have to be our central piece.....and then other players and picks.

55 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

In any big / blockbuster trade that the Magic engage in, Wendell or Markelle have to be our central piece.....and then other players and picks.

It would depend on what the other team wants in certain situations. Don’t forget Isaak or should I say his non guaranteed contract can be packaged with Bamba, Cole etc and draft picks as well. This scenario was brought up a lot when Mitchell was rumored. A lot of tanking teams want to save money and have draft picks instead of good players that help them win and ruin their lottery chances.  

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

I'm not trying to be an ******* when I say this but if the Nuggets wanted someone like Lavine (not the best example here, please just roll with me here) they'd find a way to pull it off without dealing Gordon and Jokic. They'd do something like Pope, a bench player and a crapload of draft picks 

I'm not saying the Magic shouldn't have to part with a big piece. I'm just saying teams do it all the time. Fultz needs to be absolutely untouchable no different than Jokic would be for Denver. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

I'm not trying to be an ******* when I say this but if the Nuggets wanted someone like Lavine (not the best example here, please just roll with me here) they'd find a way to pull it off without dealing Gordon and Jokic. They'd do something like Pope, a bench player and a crapload of draft picks 

I'm not saying the Magic shouldn't have to part with a big piece. I'm just saying teams do it all the time. Fultz needs to be absolutely untouchable no different than Jokic would be for Denver. 

Agreed.

Now that this team is coming together we can finally see how good Fultz is but lets not get crazy. Fultz is not even close to untouchable. Lets see if he can finish the year healthy first.

If he does finish the year without any health issues i can see him elevating himself all the way to third most important Player. It's Paolo,Franz and possibly Fultz if he stays healthy in that order. If Wendell can actually play the rest of the year he is third. That front court is special and it's up to Fultz,Suggs and Cole to make the Magic a complete team.

• Upvote 2

Fultz is the straw that stirs the drink …we saw the Magic play and record without him …and it’s not a secret …most of us were begging for his return as the losses piled up …we all knew and know that guard play is very weak for us …with Fultz back and playing I don’t even know how Suggs is gonna fit if he ever returns …with the game on the line I want the ball in Fultz hands making decisions 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Now that this team is coming together we can finally see how good Fultz is but lets not get crazy. Fultz is not even close to untouchable. Lets see if he can finish the year healthy first.

If he does finish the year without any health issues i can see him elevating himself all the way to third most important Player. It's Paolo,Franz and possibly Fultz if he stays healthy in that order. If Wendell can actually play the rest of the year he is third. That front court is special and it's up to Fultz,Suggs and Cole to make the Magic a complete team.

Yeap !!!       He is our 3rd most important player.

Everyone that is not playing/contributing right now during our streak should be available as well as some picks if we can get a/some great player(s) that will compliment our core. I would not change our starting lineup until it isn't working anymore. 
Fultz/Anthony

Franz/Harris or new shooter

Bol/TRoss or new SF

Paolo/Admiral

Mo Wagner/WCJ

3 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

You're good buddy !!! Just pick an All-Star or a Superstar player and we all can try to device a trade that makes sense for both teams.

Personally don't think we should make a big trade. If we do anything it should be either trading guys we don't view as long term pieces for assets or adding a complimentary piece on a team friendly deal.