Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I love Fultz but I’m talking about a more vocal, even loud, voice on the team when necessary. We don’t have that. I’m guessing the Magic want someone on the team to develop that voice vs. bring in that voice. 

Edit: A couple of examples in the league would be Smart on BOS, Tucker on PHIL, and Green on GS.

Cole is more vocal, but he doesn't have the defensive chops to lead by example. If we can get Kelle and Suggs to work in tandem on that; letting Kelle lead on the offensive end and really pointing out spacing/positioning, etc; and have Suggs do the same on the defensive side we might have a hell of a tandem. 

If we release or buy out Patrick Beverly, or if he is in an as-yet-unannounced trade, we might have an open roster spot. We might pick up a backup center that way, either from the G league or a recently released player.

50 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm honestly thinking about this, and I think we may have just fleeced yet another large market team in a trade.

If our intention is to keep Patrick Beverley, he's precisely the type of locker room presence you need to push your young stars to get the most possible out of them without taking away significant development playing time. 

Mo Bamba was never in our future. This trade could take us up another notch in terms of increasing our talented team is mental toughness.

The more I think about it, the more I really like it.

you love a trade that got us a 2nd rounder?

you better not ever meet danny ainge, then

10 minutes ago, argentinaworldchampion said:

you love a trade that got us a 2nd rounder?

you better not ever meet danny ainge, then

I like a trade that got us Pat Bev if he were staying. No one is ever interested in 2nd round picks. 

My take on the Bamba deal is that we did Mo a favor. We’ve consistently taken this approach with players over the past several years and we’re about to do it again with Ross. We’re trying to make our organization a desirable place to play, and I honestly think we’re doing a great job. The trade itself doesn’t move the needle for me in either direction, just kind of is what it is, but you all saw the other deals out there today, we weren’t getting anything more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Getting 5 second rounders for GP II?

I love Gary Payton II. The Warriors are my 2nd favorite team. I was disappointed when the Warriors traded him. He was one of the keys to the Warriors winning the 2022 NBA championship.

The Warriors will be getting some much needed help on both ends of the court.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My take on the Bamba deal is that we did Mo a favor. We’ve consistently taken this approach with players over the past several years and we’re about to do it again with Ross. We’re trying to make our organization a desirable place to play, and I honestly think we’re doing a great job. The trade itself doesn’t move the needle for me in either direction, just kind of is what it is, but you all saw the other deals out there today, we weren’t getting anything more.

That's the explanation I read a lot of times when we make a bleh trade. :P

Overall, I'm not surprised nor disappointed. I was expecting nothing or something like that, and that's what we got. Having a little spark for the playoff push would have been good.

I still hold on my opinion that management is too slow/unactive. Closing the Bamba chapter is the end of the story of a high pick and asset that hasn't worked. Yes, it happens with every FO, and they've been clearly better recently with picks, but still... overall I'm not sold on them.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Overall, I'm not surprised nor disappointed. I was expecting nothing or something like that, and that's what we got. Having a little spark for the playoff push would have been good.

I still hold on my opinion that management is too slow/unactive. Closing the Bamba chapter is the end of the story of a high pick and asset that hasn't worked. Yes, it happens with every FO, and they've been clearly better recently with picks, but still... overall I'm not sold on them.

if I am not mistaken, this FO had had 4 picks in the top 8, with 2 hits and 2 (hopefully suggs will wake up some day) misses so far

not perfect, but much better than hennibastard

7 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I do agree that holding on to Mo and re-signing him into this season was a waste of everyone’s time. We should’ve moved on last deadline and addressed backup Center in the off-season.

3 minutes ago, argentinaworldchampion said:

if I am not mistaken, this FO had had 4 picks in the top 8, with 2 hits and 2 (hopefully suggs will wake up some day) misses so far

not perfect, but much better than hennibastard

Sure but how long did they evaluate the failure of Vuc, Fournier, and AG? They seem complacent to me kinda like they are just going through the motions. Sure they finally broke that core up but waited too long to do so. All the other moves they’ve made have been 2nd round picks/cash considerations and the only time we have fleeced a team was when we got Fultz but only because the 76ers gave up on him. Lol that’s a great nickname btw! 

I am focused on competing the rest of the regular season and try to make a play-in run.

I don't think the FO helped that goal today, but the good news is that the East weakened a bit (compared to the west) and Chicago, Washington (direct rivals) did nothing.

Thanks Kyrie???