Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I really hope we keep and play Bev. No, I don’t want unwarranted behavior, but I’d love his defensive, veteran presence at the backup point guard position.

My initial thought was Rafer Alston for some reason

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree. I don’t see a vet presence vocally encouraging or pushing our guys. Harris seems quiet, and Ross seems more like a class clown. 

Markelle Fultz says “Hi” …not only pushing guys but I constantly see him communicating with guys, “you go here, you get this guy” …is the leader imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Markelle Fultz says “Hi” …not only pushing guys but I constantly see him communicating with guys, “you go here, you get this guy” …is the leader imo

And Pat Bev can lead the bench when Fultz is out. Maybe he can get Cole more focused on better shots too.

I'm honestly thinking about this, and I think we may have just fleeced yet another large market team in a trade.

If our intention is to keep Patrick Beverley, he's precisely the type of locker room presence you need to push your young stars to get the most possible out of them without taking away significant development playing time. 

Mo Bamba was never in our future. This trade could take us up another notch in terms of increasing our talented team is mental toughness.

The more I think about it, the more I really like it.

40 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm honestly thinking about this, and I think we may have just fleeced yet another large market team in a trade.

If our intention is to keep Patrick Beverley, he's precisely the type of locker room presence you need to push your young stars to get the most possible out of them without taking away significant development playing time. 

Mo Bamba was never in our future. This trade could take us up another notch in terms of increasing our talented team is mental toughness.

The more I think about it, the more I really like it.

This FO doesn’t make those type of moves they are only worried about length and guys who don’t know how to shoot. Another underwhelming trade deadline comes and goes and all we have to show for it is a 2nd round pick (how many is that now?) and some cash. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I love Fultz but I’m talking about a more vocal, even loud, voice on the team when necessary. We don’t have that. I’m guessing the Magic want someone on the team to develop that voice vs. bring in that voice. 

Edit: A couple of examples in the league would be Smart on BOS, Tucker on PHIL, and Green on GS.