Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Outside of a smaller deal like trading Bamba, I think we sit tight. We can afford to be patient, especially when we’ll have cap space and two high picks this summer.

Yeah I think I agree, even though flashy trade deadlines are more fun. We move Bamba and Hampton, we try to move and if we can’t we buy out T-Ross and let him sign with a contender. I still think we could use a better backup 5, but with how well the bench unit has been gelling lately, maybe we just leave well enough alone.

At this point, trade Bamba and Ross for guys who will come off the bench. Pray to whatever deity it is you worship that the Magic win the Wemby sweepstakes. I hate to say it but with how stupid players are only wanting to go to LA and NY this may be the best play the Magic have.

If the **FULL** significance of a rebuilt bench + Wemby + cap space hasn't hit you yet, you'll run out of the room screaming when it does. Add another bucket of a free agent (because we're gonna suddenly be so attractive) to Wemby, current roster AND high draft pick the Magic could win as many as 50-60 games as long as coaching is up for it.

If Mose can't do it we ask what Stan is doing these days. Honest to God I have no beef with him because he got put in a **** situation because of Dwight and the front office going full derp

21 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

At this point, trade Bamba and Ross for guys who will come off the bench. Pray to whatever deity it is you worship that the Magic win the Wemby sweepstakes. I hate to say it but with how stupid players are only wanting to go to LA and NY this may be the best play the Magic have.

If the **FULL** significance of a rebuilt bench + Wemby + cap space hasn't hit you yet, you'll run out of the room screaming when it does. Add another bucket of a free agent (because we're gonna suddenly be so attractive) to Wemby, current roster AND high draft pick the Magic could win as many as 50-60 games as long as coaching is up for it.

If Mose can't do it we ask what Stan is doing these days. Honest to God I have no beef with him because he got put in a **** situation because of Dwight and the front office going full derp

We’re 17-12 in our last 29 with this group. Wemby obviously puts us into a whole nother level, but even without him and looking at 2 potential top 10 picks, man it’s a good time to be a Magic fan 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re 17-12 in our last 29 with this group. Wemby obviously puts us into a whole nother level, but even without him and looking at 2 potential top 10 picks, man it’s a good time to be a Magic fan 

i think we cotend as early as next season. this season alone NOBODY wants to see us in the first round.. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!

1 hour ago, J Roc Baby said:

mose is the coach 100 percent moving forward 

34 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

mose is the coach 100 percent moving forward 

I agree.   You can debate if he is the right person, if his rotations are questionable, etc

But to introduce a new coach would disrupt the chemistry as much as bringing in a new player

who has not grown with the team.

Mosley is the coach until we’re 1000% sure we’re out of the Luka sweepstakes. I’m not gonna lie, after the Kyrie trade I think Luka forcing out and wanting to come play for his favorite coach he’s ever had coach him is not out of the realm of possibilities if things go as south as they could in Dallas.

Did Luka seriously like Mose that much? Like yeah I've heard about it but y'all just aren't blowing it up are you? My man's got like 200 million reasons to stick around for the next 5 years and I don't think there's anything we can offer (except Paolo) that would even get Dallas on the phone for a trade. And without Paolo what's the point?

38 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

Did Luka seriously like Mose that much? Like yeah I've heard about it but y'all just aren't blowing it up are you? My man's got like 200 million reasons to stick around for the next 5 years and I don't think there's anything we can offer (except Paolo) that would even get Dallas on the phone for a trade. And without Paolo what's the point?

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/coach-carlisle-threatened-nba-dallas-mavs-luka-doncic-job-jamahl-mosley

Liked him enough to scare Carlisle into quitting. Do I think there’s more than like a 1% chance of it ever happening? No… but what’s the point of a message board if we can’t be obscenely optimistic sometimes. lol

• Like 1

We have a nice thing going. I'd keep Paolo and Franz at all costs and only bring people that share the ball.

This current rotation is pretty cool. We are like 12 deep. Wouldn't mind running it back next season

• Like 1

Small move for a shooter is all i would do. Probably do nothing because trades are easier in the off-season. Ross gets waived. The end.

I suspect we do nothing unless teams come to us to help facilitate a trade and something is too good to pass up. Just to go back to my original proposal i would still love Buddy Hield just for his cost certainty the next year and a half. Problem is when i first came up with the Idea it made some sense, now what do the Pacers want? 

Bamba was my main original piece but he isn't enough on his own and the Pacers re-signed Turner. They have too many guards, we could send Bol Bol for one of them. People would hate that move though. A move between the Magic and the Pacers involving J.I. would be the most obvious, but that would really need to wait until after the season.

No it just makes too much sense to see how guys like Isaac,Cole,Bamba and even often hurt Gary Harris finish out the year before moving anyone. The team Chemistry is really off the chains right now. 

• Like 1