Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trade for KD. Nets get worse and we take their spot in the playoffs. Everyone wins

Mauro, what would you be willing to give up for 34 year old Kevin Durant that would get the deal done and absolutely not tank our future? I’d be more interested in Cam Thomas from the Nets, or jumping on as a 3rd team for Mikal or another young player who fits our timeline better.

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Mauro, what would you be willing to give up for 34 year old Kevin Durant that would get the deal done and absolutely not tank our future? I’d be more interested in Cam Thomas from the Nets, or jumping on as a 3rd team for Mikal or another young player who fits our timeline better.

Anyone not named Wagner or Banchero, to be honest. 2 or 3 young players and a few picks

I'd love to be the third team in a KD trade. Maybe take a piece who's good but not what a rebuilding team would need for like the Denver pick + Hampton/Bamba/Ross or something.

This just came to me and could affect us: I wonder if Chicago would be ballsy enough to do Lavine or Derozan + stuff for KD. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd love to be the third team in a KD trade. Maybe take a piece who's good but not what a rebuilding team would need for like the Denver pick + Hampton/Bamba/Ross or something.

This just came to me and could affect us: I wonder if Chicago would be ballsy enough to do Lavine or Derozan + stuff for KD. 

I dunno why Brooklyn would do that. Feel like they want a boatload of picks and prospects for KD, not 2 above average, older players that keep you in fringe playoff range instead of letting you bottom out.

Ugh, is it Thursday yet?!

I think if any team gets KD, it’ll be Phoenix. Think they’d go all in.

I was just playing with the trade machine and something like this works:

Orlando gets Mikal Bridges

Suns get Kevin Durant and Mo Bamba

Nets get Deandre Ayton and Jalen Suggs

I don’t even know if I like it, but it’s interesting

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think if any team gets KD, it’ll be Phoenix. Think they’d go all in.

I was just playing with the trade machine and something like this works:

Orlando gets Mikal Bridges

Suns get Kevin Durant and Mo Bamba

Nets get Deandre Ayton and Jalen Suggs

I don’t even know if I like it, but it’s interesting

I think this is basically, "Do you want Mikal Bridges over Jalen Suggs?" I love the intangibles of Suggs but I know that Bridges is a better scorer right now (which we need). Unsure if I do this. We have to think about team locker room chemistry as well, which is VERY important when working with a young team. 

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno why Brooklyn would do that. Feel like they want a boatload of picks and prospects for KD, not 2 above average, older players that keep you in fringe playoff range instead of letting you bottom out.

Ugh, is it Thursday yet?!

To be clear the deal would be like Lavine OR Derozan + Dalen Terry + Coby White + picks or something.

Brooklyn could then try and ride out this year as a fringe playoff team and move Lavine/Derozan in the summer for more stuff. 

You're right the Bulls probably don't have the best offer though.

Crazy stuff in the NBA. That Kyrie trade really shakes things up. I’d be shocked if we don’t see trades by the Bulls, Raptors, Nets, Suns and Hawks, just to name a handful of teams.

Outside of a smaller deal like trading Bamba, I think we sit tight. We can afford to be patient, especially when we’ll have cap space and two high picks this summer.