Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

I would love an old guy if it was at old guy prices 15 years ago. Problem is contracts for the Lowry's and CP3's of the world have skyrocketed. Those guys already got bank and stupid teams still paid them 30 million dollar contracts. 20 years ago these guys would be on a team for 15 million mentoring younger players. Now every player gets to go to a "contender" and still get bank. System is kind of messed up right now. Durant is still playing at an elite level and i would love 2 or 3 years from him except he doesn't fit our team. He also costs too much. 

That is not even counting the off court crazy. 

16 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Kyrie demanded a trade. I don’t want him anywhere near our squad, and he won’t be, but sounds like a trade is imminent 

He will go to some contender for cheap while the Magic would have to pay a fortune. Pass on that headache 

Keep Suggs. Cole has the ability to take over games and have amazing nights but it's not a consistent thing yet. Suggs is amazing defensively. I think we just gotta lock the young man into a gym with a shooting coach all offseason and he's good. 

Starting to think no trades happen and we just release Ross so he can go where he wants. Mostly i think they won't mess with chemistry and just want to see how the season goes. 

And that's fine. These guys like each other and bringing in someone else would mess that up. Easier to do something in the offseason.

56 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Starting to think no trades happen and we just release Ross so he can go where he wants. Mostly i think they won't mess with chemistry and just want to see how the season goes. 

And that's fine. These guys like each other and bringing in someone else would mess that up. Easier to do something in the offseason.

I’d bet that next week at this time Ross, Bamba and RJ are all playing somewhere else.

Jarred Vanderbilt's name apparently coming up in trade talks. Would love him as a backup on this team. Hustle, rebounding, terrific defense. He's exactly what we need. Wonder what his value would be?

Have a feeling both Dallas and Brooklyn have more deals to make. Not sure if Brooklyn will look for (or find even if they do explore it) a KD trade though.