Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

28 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nuggets apparently open to trading Bones Hyland. Do that **** if it's a reasonable price. 

An All-Rookie Second Team member last year, the 22-year-old is a talented shot-maker, but he is not a great defensive player, and has at times been pulled from games by head coach Michael Malone for a lack of effort on the less glamorous end. Fischer reports that the “occasional clashes” between the second-year guard and Malone contributed to Denver’s willingness to discuss Hyland in trades.

The Nuggets are said to be looking for a “defensive-minded frontcourt player” and a first-round pick in exchange for Hyland, though they are also interested in a reserve point guard to potentially replace him. Like Michael Scotto of HoopsHype, Fischer hears the Timberwolves are interested — Tim Connelly drafted Hyland.

not interested in giving up a first round pick and player for essentially another Cole Anthony

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

not interested in giving up a first round pick and player for essentially another Cole Anthony

Oh no. I don't consider that to be a reasonable price haha.

So, just to update my previous post on a couple of our players:

Moe Wagner - he is becoming the player every fan hates if he's not on your team. He always comes with in-your-face energy and attitude and always seems to get under somebody's skin on the opponents' teams. He seems to be getting better at playing with the same energy, but not out-of-control. As long as he plays this way, and as long as he is a positive influence with Franz, he is nearly untradeable. There are times he reminds me of how D Armstrong used to play.

Jalen Suggs - not to put too much emphasis on a couple of games, but I am seeing signs that the game is beginning to slow down for him. Especially last night vs. Philly, he seemed to play with energy and determination, but in-control. His defense was impressive, especially in the 4th in the zone. He was everywhere at once. 

Bol Bol - I do like this kid, and as someone noted, it is practically his rookie season. I wouldn't mind keeping him as the 15th guy, or on a 2-way. 

Mo Bamba - If he consistently brought Moe Wagner's energy he would be a force to be reckoned with. We only see it in flashes, usually when he has sat for a game or two, or if coach used another big instead of him - then he comes in with attitude. Sell high on his untapped potential and hope he doesn't come back to bite us. He's exactly the kind of guy who would play us for vengeance. 

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Get us KD instead 

I don’t think KD would want to play here right now and we’d probably have to gut our team to get him. I think our front court is in pretty good shape (backup center is a need), but our backcourt is still a work in progress. SG and backup PG are still inconsistent. I would like to see a smaller move or two to address those concerns. I like KD, but he doesn’t fill our needs and would require changes built around a 34 year old player.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Kyrie demanded a trade. I don’t want him anywhere near our squad, and he won’t be, but sounds like a trade is imminent 

Kyrie for Westbrook.....and the family is back together.

Lebron and Kyrie and KD with Russell

• Upvote 1

I don't do this.... I don't think? He's 34 and J.I. + Suggs (plus 2 1sts) seems like too much to give up for Durant, even if he's likely to remain an elite scorer for the next 3-4 years. 

I also don't think that his personality jives with management. Too much ego and too small of a market. But we 100% have the pieces to pull something like this off. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't do this.... I don't think? He's 34 and J.I. + Suggs (plus 2 1sts) seems like too much to give up for Durant, even if he's likely to remain an elite scorer for the next 3-4 years. 

I also don't think that his personality jives with management. Too much ego and too small of a market. But we 100% have the pieces to pull something like this off. 

I wouldn’t do this trade either don’t need that headache here. 

I wouldn't trade for KD. Give up all our assets for 3 years of potential contention at most (if KD stays healthy and doesn't drop off and also doesn't sulk about being traded here) while we pay a 35-37 year old 150million dollars. No thanks.