Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

51 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

And Bol, please sell high!

We should, but we won’t. Also think the sell high window has already closed. He’s a net negative in pretty much every advanced stat now that he’s played extended minutes 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We should, but we won’t. Also think the sell high window has already closed. He’s a net negative in pretty much every advanced stat now that he’s played extended minutes 

“But he’s young and can develop”. Lol I’m joking. This is the exact excuse that people have used for many of our young players over the years. Lately I’m talking about Bamba. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

“But he’s young and can develop”. Lol I’m joking. This is the exact excuse that people have used for many of our young players over the years. Lately I’m talking about Bamba. 

Yeah, but part of Bamba’s million tries to prove he’s competent was tied to draft capital. We don’t owe anything to Bol. We gave him an opportunity to show what he could do. He’s a fun player who has wow moments that fool fans into thinking he’s better than he is. He’s just not good enough to be a rotational player in the NBA. Too skinny to play Center, too slow to play Power Forward or Small Forward. The dude is a turnstile on defense to an embarrassing level, but if you only look at defensive stats and think Blocks is an indicator of being a good defender, he can fool you there too. I’d trade him in a heartbeat if anybody gave us a decent offer.

Glad the "trade Bol Bol" contingent is growing. For me the roster breaks down like this:

I'd be more than happy to trade: Bol, Bamba, Hampton, Ross. 

Guys who I'd trade for the right move but I'm happy to keep (includes guys with likely more value to us than other teams): Cole, Mo Wagner, Suggs, Houstan, Okeke, Isaac. 

Guys I'd only trade for an immediate long term positional upgrade OR an absolute haul of assets (relative to each guys worth): Fultz, WCJ, Gary Harris. 

Guys who are basically untouchable: Franz, Paolo

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Glad the "trade Bol Bol" contingent is growing. For me the roster breaks down like this:

Guys who I'd trade for the right move but I'm happy to keep (includes guys with likely more value to us than other teams): Cole, Mo Wagner, Suggs, Houstan, Okeke, Isaac. 

Guys I'd only trade for an immediate long term positional upgrade OR an absolute haul of assets (relative to each guys worth): Fultz, WCJ, Gary Harris. 

This is exactly like I see our roster. Good post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

This is exactly like I see our roster. Good post. 

Thanks. 

One addendum to that post:

I don't necessarily believe that the groupings align with each players value. Jalen Suggs has more value than Gary Harris in my eyes so even though he's in what appears to be a lesser group that doesn't mean I value him less. There's a weird thing at play where Harris is such a great fit and probably wouldn't generate that much in the way of great standalone offers where he feels more difficult to trade than Suggs. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Where would you value our 2 firsts in here? Obviously either Untouchable or immediate long term upgrade, but I’d lean toward dealing at least one of them.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Where would you value our 2 firsts in here? Obviously either Untouchable or immediate long term upgrade, but I’d lean toward dealing at least one of them.

I personally want to keep both picks, as this year is loaded with wings who can shoot and play defense… What a dream ❤️

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I personally want to keep both picks, as this year is loaded with wings who can shoot and play defense… What a dream ❤️

Yes yes and yes. Take two shots at finding that wing that fits. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'd never thought about including them. Good thought... I guess I'd put the highest of the 2 picks in Untouchable (it's not actually untouchable but Id be hard pressed to find a move I'd be willing to give the 5th best lottery odds for in this draft) and the lowest in the Fultz/WCJ/Gary group but you're right I'd be tempted to put that one in the "would trade but also happy to keep" group also. 

We discussed a few times about the possibility of Toronto rebuilding and which players could fit in our team. Today there's other info that includes the real target for me: go get Nurse (you don't even have to give up first round picks for him :P ).