Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not interested in Lavine personally. 

Same. The Magic might just wind up doing better by simply having lottery luck or even finding quality in the pick Chicago gave them. Hard pass.

I'd rather figure out how Suggs and Anthony fit into the scheme because Franz, Fultz, Carter Jr, Banchero and Isaac are basically "duh" as the starting 5. I'm at the point where if they did absolutely nothing but THEN made off-season moves once they knew the draft order I would be fine with it because you can part ways with a guy like Ross and Bamba any time

1 hour ago, J Roc Baby said:

Same. The Magic might just wind up doing better by simply having lottery luck or even finding quality in the pick Chicago gave them. Hard pass.

I'd rather figure out how Suggs and Anthony fit into the scheme because Franz, Fultz, Carter Jr, Banchero and Isaac are basically "duh" as the starting 5. I'm at the point where if they did absolutely nothing but THEN made off-season moves once they knew the draft order I would be fine with it because you can part ways with a guy like Ross and Bamba any time

The problem with waiting is that Ross is an expiring contract, so once the season is done he becomes a free agent, and we get nothing. Bamba's next season is not yet guaranteed, so we have until about the end of June to either guarantee it for the $10.6M, or he becomes a free agent as well.  If we trade either (or both) before the trade deadline we can potentially walk away with something. 

41 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

The problem with waiting is that Ross is an expiring contract, so once the season is done he becomes a free agent, and we get nothing. Bamba's next season is not yet guaranteed, so we have until about the end of June to either guarantee it for the $10.6M, or he becomes a free agent as well.  If we trade either (or both) before the trade deadline we can potentially walk away with something. 

I completely forgot about their contracts. This is why we don't post without a 2nd cup of coffee 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

RAPTORS APPEARS ARE GOING TO BE VERY ACTIVE MAKING TRADES.....

"We've seen 3 Raptors entrenched in rumors this season: Gary Trent Jr., O.G. Anunoby, and Fred VanVleet " January 24, 2023 Samson Folk

Gary Trent Jr fits our mold:

Height: 6'5"

Wingspan: 6'8.5"

Player Option After This Season / Salary If Not Opt Out 2023/24: $18,785.00 (high but not ridiculously high / Magic will have to offer more money for 3 - 4 years of his service

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Bamba for Seth Curry straight up? Yes please!!

a career .438 3p% yes and double yes. I would not doubt this guy could go off with the open looks we can generate for him.

23 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

a career .438 3p% yes and double yes. I would not doubt this guy could go off with the open looks we can generate for him.

Yes agreed I’d be happy with Curry or Trent Jr on this team, they are exactly what we are needing from the SG spot. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like curry is more likely to take less to pry away and wont affect us long term and is more efficient in shooting which is what will propel us forward.

• Upvote 1