Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Would like to see Nembhard here, if we made the Pacers an offer they couldn’t refuse

He is playing good ball...we were close to pick him.

Sorry for the double posting.

9 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I also think we can get a lot better for TRoss from other contenders or maybe apart of a 3 or more team trade. He's seems to be a valuable commodity for playoff hopefuls who need that extra scoring boost. Maybe LA (either of them) or Dallas or someone else. 

My hope is that there will be some combination of Ross/Hampton/Chuma/Bamba/Harris for either another player that fits our timeline a little better or gets us someone who could turn into a star next to Paolo and Franz. I know Jordan Poole hasn't had a great year but that's a name that jumps into my head. Or someone else to backup WCJ. 

We have all those players, plus some great picks available for trade. If the FO wants to make a move, now is the time. We need a reliable backup PG that plays both ends, and a backup C that protects the rim. We don't need either of those to be rookies.

Per Hoops Hype this....

The Raptors won’t be able to extend Trent Jr. during the season, so if he has a strong year he could look to get a significant raise off his $18.8 million player option for next year.

IF TRUE AND IT MIGHT VERY WELL BE THE CASE....THE RAPTORS HAVE TO TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING BY THE TRADE DEADLINE.

A TRoss, RJ and Bamba offer from us could get it done....Gary's has to be committed to re-sign to make any trade.

Three for one doesn't look right but it's just one of a few possible scenarios......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Would like to see Nembhard here, if we made the Pacers an offer they couldn’t refuse

I don't think they are a stupid front office. Nembhard is good, has at least 3 more years of control and is dirt cheap. Even though he is probably blocked by Haliburton and Mathurin in the future starting line-up it's way more valuable to keep him. Look at how the Celtics have used Smart over the years. Smart has went back and forth from the starting line-up to the bench over his career,but they never let him go.

Pacers have a lot of guards. They seem on the brink of falling out of the playoff chase. I wish we would have had our own Domantas Sabonis to trade for Haliburton. He would have been perfect for this team. Oh well. 

Now being realistic about the Pacers what could we trade for Buddy Hield? Only one reason i would want him. He is cost controlled for a year and a half and is historically one of the best 3 point shooters.He would open up the offense i think. 

22 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Per Hoops Hype this....

The Raptors won’t be able to extend Trent Jr. during the season, so if he has a strong year he could look to get a significant raise off his $18.8 million player option for next year.

IF TRUE AND IT MIGHT VERY WELL BE THE CASE....THE RAPTORS HAVE TO TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING BY THE TRADE DEADLINE.

A TRoss, RJ and Bamba offer from us could get it done....Gary's has to be committed to re-sign to make any trade.

Three for one doesn't look right but it's just one of a few possible scenarios......

I don't think that combination gets it done. I think in order to get Gary, you're looking at giving up Cole or Jalen. My assumption is they prefer Cole and we prefer to give up Jalen. 

I do think we need to choose between Jalen and Cole. There’s too much youth and inconsistency between the two of them. Of the two, I’d like to trade Cole, though I think Jalen has more value. Cole is eligible for a contract extension this summer, and his analytics show he’s awful at defense and his shooting is also a problem (see link below).

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/01/06/cole-anthony-more-prove-stay-orlando-magics-plans/amp/

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I do think we need to choose between Jalen and Cole. There’s too much youth and inconsistency between the two of them. Of the two, I’d like to trade Cole, though I think Jalen has more value. Cole is eligible for a contract extension this summer, and his analytics show he’s awful at defense and his shooting is also a problem (see link below).

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/01/06/cole-anthony-more-prove-stay-orlando-magics-plans/amp/

I would rather keep Jalen as well. I think this is a Olapido vs. Fournier conversation all over again y'all.

Oladipo - Hard worker, great athlete, good defender, good finisher, inconsistent jump-shot

Fournier - Great yet streaky shooter, decent athlete, coasts on defense, likes to play hero ball (and sometimes makes big shots which makes people love him)

THIS IS LITERALLY THE SAME DEBATE. Let's not make the same mistake again... 

• Upvote 1

I would like to see Beal or dame but think there is a real chance for lavine. Would u all want to see us go after him

maybe something like Ross bomba Harris their 1st back or ours and if we have to throw in Denver’s first

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not interested in Lavine personally. 

Not at all, especially at this point.

Could have been an option with the previous mediocrity core, but would have still been MEH for me.