Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

23 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I can see why the Magic and the Spurs might do this trade, but I think the Cavs shoot it down. Don't really see why the Cavs would do this. 

The Cavs would do it because they need shooters.

46 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

The Cavs would do it because they need shooters.

I'm not sure that an expiring Ross, McDermott, and a rookie pick in 2025 qualifies as an upgrade to their shooters. I wouldn't do it if I were their GM. Okoro and Osman are both already a part of their rotation, and Rubio has starter experience. That just feels lop-sided to me, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, jmmagicfan said:

It is so wild that I don't ever see it happening, and I'm not sure everyone would go for it, but it is interesting. 

Definitely wild haha but I agree with others on the forum who have said they don't want Lavine. I think he's a talented scorer but he doesn't seem to be a great leader in the locker room. Has always come across as super selfish to me.

If the Magic do move on from Mo Bamba in search of a genuine big to help out WCJ...who do you think is the best realistic option?

Warriors - Wiseman? Spurs - Poeltl? Kings - Holmes? Another name?

What about another scorer/facilitator? If Fultz/Harris/Franz/Banchero/WCJ remain our starting lineup...unless Isaac returns healthy and as good as we remember, then you could have Fultz/Franz/Isaac/Paolo/WCJ (which is just exciting in my opinion)

Cavs - Okoro? seems lost since Mitchell arrived.

Spurs - Johnson? They're probably building around him but I think he would be a good get as a 3/4 option on this team. Plus with Fultz at point, he could slash, which is what he has always been good at. 

Knicks - Rose? I realize we probably don't need DRose...but if we parted ways with Harris and Anthony for Rose and a pick...I think he could be another vet voice if we also traded Ross. 

There's a rumour we had a member of staff in attendance for Milwaukee/Toronto recently. 

Fueling speculation we're targeting FVV in free agency this summer (I really hope we don't give a 6'0, 29 year old coming off a down year near max money).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's a rumour we had a member of staff in attendance for Milwaukee/Toronto recently. 

Fueling speculation we're targeting FVV in free agency this summer (I really hope we don't give a 6'0, 29 year old coming off a down year near max money).

I hear you on that. He is not they guy to bring in for the reasons you mentioned. 

36 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I hear you on that. He is not they guy to bring in for the reasons you mentioned. 

an FVV trade is akin to a serge ibaka trade and that would be the worst thing we could do.

• Upvote 2

The VanVleet stuff doesn’t seem to fit any of the build we’ve been going for. Maybe we take him back as part of a bigger deal, but I don’t think he’s our main target. We gotta be looking at OG or Trent IMO

To be clear a lot of recent reports have said we're interested in him as a free agent and not as a trade target. Who knows though. Trent is an FA this summer if he declined his PO could easily be him we're interested in in that respect like you say.