Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d do Anthony, Ross and Bamba 

for

Conley and Agbaji 

I’d love to get more stability at our backup point guard spot, and these guys are expendable to me. 

I don't think Utah would do this at all.

Edit: to expand on this slightly, I imagine the price for Conley will be a first and matching salary from a contender. Agbaji was a lottery pick and they're a rebuilding team. 

Bamba has no value to Utah. Ross is just salary. They might like Cole but I don't imagine they'd trade Agbaji for him straight up never mind the inclusion of Conley.

Also, Ainge again.

We, as fans, always tend to overvalue the market of our guys, even of the ones we want to get rid of. If we can trade 2/3 guys we don't see in out long term plans, for one player that gives quality to our rotation, would be already a W.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2023/1/16/23557460/portland-trail-blazers-best-blockbuster-trade-asset
Jonathan Isaac ? Portland in no man’s land currently and trying to decide whether to make a run or not with Lillard …trade deadline Feb 9 …probably not enough time for Issac to reestablish his worthiness …was trying to figure out if we had anything to entice Portland since we need guards .

Edit: they are constantly starting threads about Mo Bamba …looking for a center 

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2023/1/16/23557460/portland-trail-blazers-best-blockbuster-trade-asset
Jonathan Isaac ? Portland in no man’s land currently and trying to decide whether to make a run or not with Lillard …trade deadline Feb 9 …probably not enough time for Issac to reestablish his worthiness …was trying to figure out if we had anything to entice Portland since we need guards .

Edit: they are constantly starting threads about Mo Bamba …looking for a center 

Bamba and the Chicago pick for Sharpe.

Would love to trade for Vassell. Perfect Wing for our roster. 

Maybe a 3 tean trade:

Cavs get: McDermott, Ross and our Nuggets pick

Spurs get: Bamba, Cole, Okoro and our Bulls pick

Magic get: Vassell, Rubio and Osman

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

Would love to trade for Vassell. Perfect Wing for our roster. 

Maybe a 3 tean trade:

Cavs get: McDermott, Ross and our Nuggets pick

Spurs get: Bamba, Cole, Okoro and our Bulls pick

Magic get: Vassell, Rubio and Osman

I can see why the Magic and the Spurs might do this trade, but I think the Cavs shoot it down. Don't really see why the Cavs would do this. 

The Suns and Magic have emerged as potential free-agent suitors for All-Star guard VanVleet, league sources say. VanVleet — the 2019 NBA champion and one of the league’s greatest undrafted success stories — spoke recently about his pending free-agency status in the offseason and how he remains focused on the Raptors: “I’m completely focused on his team. My loyalty is to this team and to this franchise and trying to get us back to the level that we’re accustomed to around here.

https://theathletic.com/4098049/2023/01/17/nba-trade-deadline-poeltl-collins-vanvleet-shams/?source=user_shared_article

13 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Go

I would actually do this if i thought by playing with us we could unlock his potential... BJ was unabashed for his love of UK stars actual play time not withstanding, but his actual play against NBA caliber players shows that he does have some potential, but the Blazers trading their #7 pick for the Chicago pick in this upcoming draft and bamba (when they actually need some length as a team) and to be fair i would attach a useless 2nd rounder also to make those assets worth something, since the draft flattens out.

I would take that chance that he could be everything we wish Cole was.

35 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I would actually do this if i thought by playing with us we could unlock his potential... BJ was unabashed for his love of UK stars actual play time not withstanding, but his actual play against NBA caliber players shows that he does have some potential, but the Blazers trading their #7 pick for the Chicago pick in this upcoming draft and bamba (when they actually need some length as a team) and to be fair i would attach a useless 2nd rounder also to make those assets worth something, since the draft flattens out.

I would take that chance that he could be everything we wish Cole was.

I don't know what you wish Cole was but Sharpe isn't even the same archetype of player. 

29 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't know what you wish Cole was but Sharpe isn't even the same archetype of player. 

Everything we wish cole was is this : an Efficient scorer Sharpe is 58% from 2 and 36% from 3 - Anthony is 46% from 2 and 30% from 3, here is the link on a per 36minute comparison

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=anthoco01&p1yrfrom=2023&player_id2=sharpsh01#stats-per_minute

• Upvote 1