Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

I'm personally not super interested in more young players who aren't really making an impact for a mid New York team. But if they get thrown in on a Hartenstein deal I wouldn't be mad. 

On 12/12/2022 at 2:50 AM, CTMagicUK said:

If the Raps want to blow it up let's get wild. TRoss, Okeke and a 2nd for Gary Trent. 

I would think they would want Bamba and RJ. Main reason Gary's name comes up is he has a player option next season so he is not locked in. So the Raptors have been looking for a center for 3 years. Bamba and a guard would  work. Depends on how much they want to compete this year. Bamba and Harris for Trent  and Birch might be the play. Anyway they want to stay in play for a trade. We want a better guard. If they do not think they can sign Gary they will trade him. 

Ross would be in play but has played like crap for the 3rd year in a row. SMDH. He is filler only. Can't imagine a team expecting anything from him.

The NBA players eligible for trades since December 15

December 15 marks the unofficial start of the trade season. Seventy-four players who signed contracts last summer will now be eligible to be moved by their teams. That means more than 15 percent of the players under full-time contracts can be formally added to conversations between franchises.

The gates are now open and will close trade deadline date of Feb 9, 2023

The Magic will probably be active during this timeframe.....

I can't see how they can make a trade for Ross work to be honest. They'd have to give up Cedi Osman OR Isaac Okoro plus Dylan Windler just to match salaries. 

Osman and Ross seem like a wash at best, although Cedi has an extra year on his deal which they might like to get off the books. They surely wouldn't give up Okoro for Ross of all people considering the draft capital he cost them. Dylan Windler isn't an NBA player so that's not an issue. So I guess the deal would be like Osman, Windler and a 2nd for Ross.

We technically couldn't bring back both Windler and Osman for Ross with 15 roster spots taken but it feels to me like that won't be our last move so we could always combine a couple moves together after the fact to make it work. Like I can see a world where someone gives us a 2nd or something for RJ and we don't take anything back to open up space for other moves. 

Anyway this is more thought than I should have afforded what is probably a bull**** rumour.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't see how they can make a trade for Ross work to be honest. They'd have to give up Cedi Osman OR Isaac Okoro plus Dylan Windler just to match salaries. 

Osman and Ross seem like a wash at best, although Cedi has an extra year on his deal which they might like to get off the books. They surely wouldn't give up Okoro for Ross of all people considering the draft capital he cost them. Dylan Windler isn't an NBA player so that's not an issue. So I guess the deal would be like Osman, Windler and a 2nd for Ross.

We technically couldn't bring back both Windler and Osman for Ross with 15 roster spots taken but it feels to me like that won't be our last move so we could always combine a couple moves together after the fact to make it work. Like I can see a world where someone gives us a 2nd or something for RJ and we don't take anything back to open up space for other moves. 

Anyway this is more thought than I should have afforded what is probably a bull**** rumour.

I don't know if it's only me but I don't want trades to get more 2nd round picks for the foreseeable future.....better yet, get the cap and use it accordingly in an adequate free agent.

The Bulls sit today (Dec 17) with the worst 8th record....

If they come knocking at our door to get back their 1st round (top 4 protected) and are willing to give us Zach in exchange of this 1st round pick, Suggs, T Ross, 2 second round picks and fillers would it be wise for the FO to do a trade like this?

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

If they come knocking at our door to get back their 1st round (top 4 protected) and are willing to give us Zach in exchange of this 1st round pick, Suggs, T Ross, 2 second round picks and fillers would it be wise for the FO to do a trade like this?

I wouldn’t. LaVine is a scorer and that’s about it. He’s also not the kinda vet I would want around our young guys

• Upvote 1

What he said times twenty. I wanted laVine  with the old Buddy ball Squad, not this one. Hard pass. We need a to improve around the margins now that we have talent.  Get Gary Trent or Clarkson and if they want to get paid get someone else. In other words get a scorer with slight upside or even just somebody that's hungry, like DeRozan.....3 years ago. You have to be careful. LaVine earned his money but was always a guy who loses everything if he loses his quickness. To give you an example, Fox is the next one, SGA is a much better version that 3 years from now might suck if he gets hurt.

7 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Lavine isn't helping that Bulls team so why would he help us? He's a guy who believes he's a star but has never won anything. He's due to be paid another $170ish million over 4 years after this season and he's made the playoffs once in his career.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lavine isn't helping that Bulls team so why would he help us? He's a guy who believes he's a star but has never won anything. He's due to be paid another $170ish million over 4 years after this season and he's made the playoffs once in his career.

Too much money for sure....