Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mo Bamba for Seth Curry 

If the numbers work I am 100% on board with this! I wanted us to sign him several years ago when he was a free agent!

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

If the numbers work I am 100% on board with this! I wanted us to sign him several years ago when he was a free agent!

They might have to throw in someone on a minimum to make it work (who we'd just waive).

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

They might have to throw in someone on a minimum to make it work (who we'd just waive).

The problem with that is that we can't take a 2 for 1 without first waiving someone to open a roster spot. It has to be open for the trade to take place. 

We could stand to trade about half of our roster. I don't dislike guys like RJ, Chuma, Schofield, Ross, Moritz and Bamba. It's just that when I stop playing pretend and draw up a championship winning lineup, I can't think of any way we win it all even with them off the bench. At this point the Magic are running a charity case. If they're gonna win it all they're going to need a tremendous amount of turnover in the roster. 

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Jordan Poole when he becomes illegible  and if the Warriors have buyers remorse 

Tbh he's kind of been bad this year. I was all for him being a guy we targeted if he got to free agency and I thought 4/120 would kind of be what he'd cost. He's on 4/128 which is kind of there but honestly I wouldn't give him that the way he's currently playing. He's shooting worse from the field, 3 and FT line and turning the ball over more while still being a bad defender. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tbh he's kind of been bad this year. I was all for him being a guy we targeted if he got to free agency and I thought 4/120 would kind of be what he'd cost. He's on 4/128 which is kind of there but honestly I wouldn't give him that the way he's currently playing. He's shooting worse from the field, 3 and FT line and turning the ball over more while still being a bad defender. 

I was skeptical at the time, and generally I'm always against agreeing on big contracts with players that hasn't shown consistence through more than one year, especially if they're playing in a team with so many offensive players that gets the focus from other teams. Would have had the same kind of season last year if he was playing in Orlando, and receiving a lot more attention from other teams defensive plan? I doubt it.

Wendell's injury has really shown how much this team lacks rebounding and hustle and defensive effort at the bigs.

Wonder if the Kings would do Bamba for Richuan Holmes? Holmes is barely playing and is a bad fit with Sabonis but he's shown he can be useful previously as a big. Bamba is not the answer for us at backup C but he might find a spot as a stretch 5 in some lineups with Sabonis at the 4 for the Kings.