Sign in to follow this  
Forumreader

Suns vs Magic

Two things I noticed this game: Great defense and crisp pass-oriented offense. We were moving the ball REALLY and our switching scheme on defense really is throwing off the last two teams.

I'm curious if this is just us "playing up to potential" or if this is just us turning the corner. My concern is doing all of this without Banchero, which makes use ask whether his offensive/defensive style is hurting our on-court chemistry. I can't believe that would be the case but still a strange correlation. 

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Two things I noticed this game: Great defense and crisp pass-oriented offense. We were moving the ball REALLY and our switching scheme on defense really is throwing off the last two teams.

I'm curious if this is just us "playing up to potential" or if this is just us turning the corner. My concern is doing all of this without Banchero, which makes use ask whether his offensive/defensive style is hurting our on-court chemistry. I can't believe that would be the case but still a strange correlation. 

I agree. When Paolo has the ball so much the team gets stagnant on offense and they just stand and watch. 

Watching Bol Bol is like watching a computer simulation or something. It’s crazy. If he’ stays healthy, wow. Meanwhile, another shout out to Mosley. These guys are playing better and better.

Hard not to imagine how good this team could be if fully healthy. Bol is awesome. 
even Bamba is playing with purpose now. Chuma has been great since starting, lock down defender. Just need that shot to fall. I’d bring Bol off bench and Run a Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Paolo, WCJ starting. Hopefully all our injuries are out of the way, with other teams now getting the injury bug and ours coming back hopefully we can keep building in the upward direction. No team in the league has our amount of young talent/depth if (big if) healthy. 

1 hour ago, harley said:

Hard not to imagine how good this team could be if fully healthy. Bol is awesome. 
even Bamba is playing with purpose now. Chuma has been great since starting, lock down defender. Just need that shot to fall. I’d bring Bol off bench and Run a Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Paolo, WCJ starting. Hopefully all our injuries are out of the way, with other teams now getting the injury bug and ours coming back hopefully we can keep building in the upward direction. No team in the league has our amount of young talent/depth if (big if) healthy. 

The irony is I’m not sure we can’t start Bol Bol. He’s been that good. It’ll be interesting.

It is so weird and funny watching Bol get a rebound then push the ball up the court as though he is a point forward. Sometimes it looks as though he wants to take it all the way to the hoop.

I'm going, like, "No, Bol, no--pass the ball"! But once he gets the ball across mid court, he passes it off. :)