Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs. Mavericks, 5:30 P.M. - Weds. Nov. 9th

Can't actually believe we won this one.

Franz is so good man, he's an All Star sooner than later. He's been kind of overlooked because of how generational Paolo has been right off the bat.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good win! Strong defense on Luka. On to the next one

Banchero out and defense improved, but it's normal, he's a rookie and we already know def was his weakness. Most important thing is him showing the willingness to improve in the future.

How is Okeke doing? Not being able to watch all full games is hard to judge, but I'm curious about what he can become.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Banchero out and defense improved, but it's normal, he's a rookie and we already know def was his weakness. Most important thing is him showing the willingness to improve in the future.

How is Okeke doing? Not being able to watch all full games is hard to judge, but I'm curious about what he can become.

He played great defense on Luka most of the night, grabbed a good amount of rebounds, and also hit some shots. He almost had the dunk of the week when he drove on a few mavs players but unfortunately he went too hard and the ball ricocheted off the rim. Overall I think he played good team basketball.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

He played great defense on Luka most of the night, grabbed a good amount of rebounds, and also hit some shots. He almost had the dunk of the week when he drove on a few mavs players but unfortunately he went too hard and the ball ricocheted off the rim. Overall I think he played good team basketball.

Is there a way to find out how many turnovers Chuma has and what they were? I swear he has more Out of Bounds turnover then any other player. I feel like i have him at 10 already this year.

4 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Is there a way to find out how many turnovers Chuma has and what they were? I swear he has more Out of Bounds turnover then any other player. I feel like i have him at 10 already this year.

He had 3 turnovers last night although I couldn’t tell you where they occurred. He has definitely stepped out of bounds a ton when trying to spot up for those corner threes something he didn’t have a problem with in the past. 

Yeah, this is gonna date me a bit, but hopefully some board members remember, Chuma has the same issue that Gerald Wilkins had back in the day when Goose Givens would say he needs to have one shoe size smaller because every time he catches the ball in the corner for a 3 he’s out of bounds.

In response to how he’s played this season, he started out rough on the road trip to start the season, just unplayably bad. Now that we’ve been home and he’s in a routine he’s been better, shot has started to fall and he’s been scrambling on defense. He’s never gonna be an all star, but hopefully he can find consistency as a 3 and D role player.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, this is gonna date me a bit, but hopefully some board members remember, Chuma has the same issue that Gerald Wilkins had back in the day when Goose Givens would say he needs to have one shoe size smaller because every time he catches the ball in the corner for a 3 he’s out of bounds.

In response to how he’s played this season, he started out rough on the road trip to start the season, just unplayably bad. Now that we’ve been home and he’s in a routine he’s been better, shot has started to fall and he’s been scrambling on defense. He’s never gonna be an all star, but hopefully he can find consistency as a 3 and D role player.

HaHa I remember him saying that quite a bit!

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

He had 3 turnovers last night although I couldn’t tell you where they occurred. He has definitely stepped out of bounds a ton when trying to spot up for those corner threes something he didn’t have a problem with in the past. 

I know he had 1 for sure out of bounds last night. This was something he did alot last year and this year its even more on my mind. I went and looked it up and i was including Pre Season in my at least 10. I guess you have to read the Play by Play - This is not accurate at all. I know for a fact he had two in one game, but none of the play by plays list him as having 2 out of bounds turnovers. I'm going to start keeping track, lol.

Mavs

10:04 orl.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location= Chuma Okeke steps out of bounds turnover

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=17&GameID=0022200161&Season=2022-23&flag=1&title=Okeke Step Out of Bounds Turnover (P1.T2)

OKC

Chuma Okeke steps out of bounds turnover

Well, at least he has something in him, and he's taking little steps in the right direction. Most of our guys are stills so young that there're a ton of space to improve, with the right mindset and the right staff.

19 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Chuma’s effort on defense is commendable but his deficiencies on offense are glaring and imo, so bad that he is unplayable on a playoff team. 

what is up with his shot too?? In college i dont remember him shooting the way he does now... its almost like a shot put one handed thing