Sign in to follow this  
Phil4Real

Magic @ Thunder

6 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

I'm not ready to give up on him this quickly. They need a veteran presence. Think Hardy Nickerson with the Bucs back in the 1990's. You'll be amazed how talent responds to experience.

Not pissed at Mose either yet. He's being expected to win without a PG and 2 years without his best defender and the greenest team I have ever seen.

He's not going to end up being THE GUY but right now he may as well have to also coach blindfolded too with as many challenges as he has here

Frustrated as I am by last night, I'm not giving up on anything yet either.

Our floor leader is hurt. And I don't really see the need to go sign someone, because Fultz will be available sooner than later. And the kind of person we'd be signing to play for a couple weeks isn't gonna be anyone who is going to give us any sort of significant upgrade.

I don't dislike Suggs, though he's probably on the lower end of our talent potential. I think he should be a 2-guard, not running at point.

I do agree with some vet leadership. This is exactly why I didn't want to trade Vuc. I think this team needs a guy like him right now. But alas, I am torn because trading Vuc got us Franz. But my entire stance against trading Vuc when we did was based all on this situation we find ourselves in now - we have a lot of young potential talent but no on-court leadership to guide them.

I think in the long term, this team is actually set up nicely. I think Fultz can be our guy at the point. Cole and Suggs can be our guy at the 2. Franz will be a standout at 3, Paolo our all-star at 4, and Carter can be a solid anchor at the 5. Off the bench we can have Cole & Suggs in rotation, Isaac, Bamba, Ross, and Okeke, and I feel like that's pretty solid, with room to bring in some vets that can offer some guidance.

Overall I'm even liking what I'm seeing on the court. These guys are competitive with everyone they've played. They are just young, and as stated earlier, green. Lots of careless turnovers, and not the greatest shot selection. We blew a game last night that we should have won. But once this group grows and matures and develops, I think they can be dangerous. It's already fun for me to watch.