Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We avg 18 apg. And 30% from 3 and 77% from FT. We can’t shoot and we can’t pass. Oh and 14.5 TOs. Our best player is Bol Bol PER and scoring efficiency. That’s why we’re losing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, everybody. I have read the comments in this thread, and I see that many of you posted the same concerns that I have about this team:

No ball movement (over dribbling).

Too much hero ball play.

There was also too much chucking the ball from behind the 3 pt. line and missing instead of driving the paint for layups (or kicking the ball back out to an open teammate--something that Fultz added to his game).

In my opinion, what I am seeing is no different from last season. What is going on? I was so looking forward to the beginning of this season to see improvements in our style of play that allows the Magic to win more games than in previous years.

I know there are lots of injuries, but there does not seem to be any game plans. What I'm seeing is "playground - do your own thing" style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paolo and Franz are legit. Wendell is solid. Not sure if we have any other long term pieces on this team as currently constructed. The backcourt is a huge issue and has been for a decade now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

We really need better guards and better shooting. Both are embarrassingly bad. I think Cole could be a decent sixth man. However, he’s still addicted to hero ball and his defense is dreadful. He lets guys blow by him. Meanwhile, TRoss is what he is… a streaky offensive spark. Additionally, waiting on Fultz and Suggs is not the answer. Both are limited and consistently hurt. For the sake of the team and fanbase, I hope we trade for a point guard.

We could be in position for the #2 pick. Scoot Henderson is absolutely electric 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We could be in position for the #2 pick. Scoot Henderson is absolutely electric 

The NBA gods are not even gonna let us sniff a top 5 pick this year after winning the lotto last year …no matter how bad our record is …I fear lethargy will set in so bad if we continue to lose that this franchise will relocate …and Soul I disagree on your guard assessment …Suggs is limited but Fultz is exactly the kind of guard that could tie our roster pieces together …but if they don’t get him back on the court soon we’re gonna be so far behind in the East it won’t matter.

Here’s something else to ponder …and JJZFL has talked about this …losing and tanking repetitively breeds a losing culture …you know the saying …if the shoe fits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

The NBA gods are not even gonna let us sniff a top 5 pick this year after winning the lotto last year …no matter how bad our record is …I fear lethargy will set in so bad if we continue to lose that this franchise will relocate …and Soul I disagree on your guard assessment …Suggs is limited but Fultz is exactly the kind of guard that could tie our roster pieces together …but if they don’t get him back on the court soon we’re gonna be so far behind in the East it won’t matter.

Here’s something else to ponder …and JJZFL has talked about this …losing and tanking repetitively breeds a losing culture …you know the saying …if the shoe fits 

If we wind up with the worst record in the league, we’re literally guaranteed a top 5 pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

We really need better guards and better shooting. Both are embarrassingly bad. I think Cole could be a decent sixth man. However, he’s still addicted to hero ball and his defense is dreadful. He lets guys blow by him. Meanwhile, TRoss is what he is… a streaky offensive spark. Additionally, waiting on Fultz and Suggs is not the answer. Both are limited and consistently hurt. For the sake of the team and fanbase, I hope we trade for a point guard.

Apparently they think Franz and Banchero can act as point forwards.  The early returns on this idea aren’t promising.  
 

They brought up a point guard from the G-league last year who will never be an all star, but unlike all our currently active guards, could initiate the offense very well ( I forget his name).  Someone like that is exactly what we need.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Apparently they think Franz and Banchero can act as point forwards.  The early returns on this idea aren’t promising.  
 

They brought up a point guard from the G-league last year who will never be an all star, but unlike all our currently active guards, could initiate the offense very well ( I forget his name).  Someone like that is exactly what we need.  

The issue isn’t really either Paolo or Franz playing point forward. It’s those lineups we continue to run that take both of them off the floor at the same time that are just killing us.

Luckily (or not?) we’ve got 3 of our young core that have proven that they’re not rotation NBA players, but due to depth we have to play them. Bamba (who we never should’ve re-signed to begin with), RJ, and Chuma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The issue isn’t really either Paolo or Franz playing point forward. It’s those lineups we continue to run that take both of them off the floor at the same time that are just killing us.

Luckily (or not?) we’ve got 3 of our young core that have proven that they’re not rotation NBA players, but due to depth we have to play them. Bamba (who we never should’ve re-signed to begin with), RJ, and Chuma.

I dunno.  Usually they’re both in for much of the fourth quarter, and that’s been when we have the most trouble moving the ball and getting assists.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If we wind up with the worst record in the league, we’re literally guaranteed a top 5 pick

Yeah …the point I was attempting to make is we ain’t getting Victor or Scoot …and that’s about all I hear about this draft class and deservedly so …you can count on it …and to add the whole frigging fan base is sick of losing …

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem I see is that they do not pass enough and when they do, it is forced and usually in heavy traffic that leads to turnovers. Also, how does Carter get three attempts at three but Houston does not get a single attempt. They never tried to get him going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×