Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Rookie Watch

51 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Sure Paolo is having a historic rookie season. But Shaedon Sharpe could develop! He could even develop to one day be as good as Paolo is right now.

I'd trade next year's unprotected pick and a player for him right now!

• Upvote 1

Potential Blazer Makeover

Portland Trail Blazers: Portland is the organic, artisanal version of Sacramento [the Sacramento Kings]. They’re above .500! The offense rules! Damian Lillard is happy in Portland! That’s all well and good, and if the goal here is to just remain competitive for Lillard’s sake, they’re doing swell. But their 22nd-ranked defense locks them out of the championship picture. That’s going to be the case until they upgrade on Jusuf Nurkic (which won’t be easy given his age, injury history and $70 million contract), and even then, their reliance on small guards limits their upside. Shaedon Sharpe has looked so promising that a star trade might be feasible if the right player hits the market, but the first-rounder they currently owe Chicago is protected so heavily that they effectively can’t trade another first-rounder without removing those protections entirely. 

Portland has already lost playoff series to Western Conference heavy-hitters Denver and Golden State with essentially this formula. The gap between it and the true up-and-comers like Memphis and New Orleans is widening by the day. A star trade is the Blazers’ only path to closing that gap during Lillard’s prime. If we’re being honest with ourselves, their best chance to develop championship equity in the near future would be to deal Lillard while he’d still bring back a haul and then use that haul to ensure that their backcourt of the future, Sharpe and Anfernee Simons, has the size and defensive support around them that Lillard and CJ McCollum never did. 

Of course, Lillard has made it clear that he doesn’t want to be traded. That has seemingly taken a trade off the table. I’d like to remind the Blazers that teams are technically allowed to trade star players whether or not they want to be traded and that they should probably act in their own self interest, but Lillard is so beloved in the Portland community that they almost certainly won’t. So here we are. There are worse fates than watching a team icon lose in their first round every spring, but the price of doing so is the knowledge that everyone involved could do better.
https://www.blazersedge.com/2022/12/22/23523398/portland-trail-blazers-roster-record-2022-23-damian-lillard-nba-blow-up-trades

Trade wouldn’t bother me one bit …would love to see Sharpe get a bigger role than what he has now 

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

haha i decided to make my own graphic, lol since i am a Graphic Designer.

Great job man!  Can you do one with Paolo and The Hall of Famers he is being compared too?  Lebron, KD, Luka, Zion etc. His stats destroy this rookie class lol

4 hours ago, Forumreader said:

Man can you believe that, we got a

paolo banchero! 

I have to hand it to management for doing their homework/scouting. The consensus #3 pick is actually the right choice for #1 by a lot. So glad we did not draft stickboy!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Great job man!  Can you do one with Paolo and The Hall of Famers he is being compared too?  Lebron, KD, Luka, Zion etc. His stats destroy this rookie class lol

let me think about it, lol

• Upvote 1

Even gets pushed in the back by Kevin Looney …he doesn’t get enough playing time …and when he does they just put him in a corner while Lillard and Simons control the ball and making plays …long way to go to see where Shae fits in the best player of this draft debate …long way .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Paolo up to 31% from 3 on the season. Worth keeping an eye on because that was supposed to be a weakness for him but here he is only 3% behind Jabari Smith who's whole deal was shooting. 

Also he's 12th in the NBA in Free throw attempts. Every single other player in the top 15 is, or has been, an All Star. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3