Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Rookie Watch

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Comparing the efficiency of Paolo who's been the number 1 option all season Vs Williams who's 8th on the Thunder in usage is legitimately nonsense. 

What Vecenie is saying makes sense to me. He’s talking about trends as the season ends. Yes, Paulo has been our primary option, but his efficiency has fallen  off. Hopefully, he’ll continue to grow in his game over the summer. Meanwhile, Williams has seemed to figure things out. He’s now up to 4th in usage on the Thunder over the last couple of months, and he’s been super efficient. Ironically, I think you were beating the drum to draft him last year.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What Vecenie is saying makes sense to me. He’s talking about trends as the season ends. Yes, Paulo has been our primary option, but his efficiency has fallen  off. Hopefully, he’ll continue to grow in his game over the summer. Meanwhile, Williams has seemed to figure things out. He’s now up to 4th in usage on the Thunder over the last couple of months, and he’s been super efficient. Ironically, I think you were beating the drum to draft him last year.

Yea he was a guy I'd have considered trading back in to draft. The combination of length, feel and skill seemed safe to be a good NBA player. 

Paolo's efficiency has dropped off because defenses have adapted to how he plays and are game planning for him. With respect to Jalen Williams who I think is/will be very good, nobody who plays the Thunder is game planning for him.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:35 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Yea he was a guy I'd have considered trading back in to draft. The combination of length, feel and skill seemed safe to be a good NBA player. 

Paolo's efficiency has dropped off because defenses have adapted to how he plays and are game planning for him. With respect to Jalen Williams who I think is/will be very good, nobody who plays the Thunder is game planning for him.

They game plan for him because his game has been kind of one dimensional, and also because for the first 25 games or so, he and Frantz were the only two main options on the team.  

When other teams prevent him from driving to the basket, he hasn’t been very effective.  Hopefully he will improve in that area substantially over coming years.  

Sharpe got the start and minutes …Simons hurt …24 pts, 9 boards, 4 steals, 3 assists, 4-7 from three and only 1 turnover ..he was a big reason they beat the Jazz on the road …look out for this kid next year ….also has played every single game .
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Sharpe got the start and minutes …Simons hurt …24 pts, 9 boards, 4 steals, 3 assists, 4-7 from three and only 1 turnover ..he was a big reason they beat the Jazz on the road …look out for this kid next year ….also has played every single game .

Looks like prime JR Smith

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

If the Magic won the first pick in the lotto would you trade it for Sharpe? Honestly, great posting, amazing videos. So would you?

Not in a million years.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hootie249 said:

If the Magic won the first pick in the lotto would you trade it for Sharpe? Honestly, great posting, amazing videos. So would you?

Thanks hootie and great question …since Victor is widely considered a generational talent it would be hard to pass on him …depending on what website you look at Sharpe would have been ranked 3rd in this years draft class .

So I was reminded though of last year draft thread …Sam Vecenie ( whose opinion is highly rated on this board ) said if Orlando got the first pick he is exactly what Orlando needs …my curiosity got the best of me so I went searching for the vid and found it .

Scroll to the 11 minute mark is when it starts talking about Orlando and Sharpe and what a perfect fit they are for each other.

Sadly though right now Portland wouldn’t trade him for anything except Victor .

Gotta say though combing through that draft thread was hilarious …post after post with CTMagicUK defending Chet about his ability, health and durability …at one point CT made a bet, and I didn’t remember this one just the one he made with me lol …evidently CT bet someone a lot of money that Chet was who the Magic were gonna pick and put his money on his word haha insert smiley face 

33 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Thanks hootie and great question …since Victor is widely considered a generational talent it would be hard to pass on him …depending on what website you look at Sharpe would have been ranked 3rd in this years draft class .

So I was reminded though of last year draft thread …Sam Vecenie ( whose opinion is highly rated on this board ) said if Orlando got the first pick he is exactly what Orlando needs …my curiosity got the best of me so I went searching for the vid and found it .

Scroll to the 11 minute mark is when it starts talking about Orlando and Sharpe and what a perfect fit they are for each other.

Sadly though right now Portland wouldn’t trade him for anything except Victor .

Gotta say though combing through that draft thread was hilarious …post after post with CTMagicUK defending Chet about his ability, health and durability …at one point CT made a bet, and I didn’t remember this one just the one he made with me lol …evidently CT bet someone a lot of money that Chet was who the Magic were gonna pick and put his money on his word haha insert smiley face 

This didn't happen. It's actually nonsense.