Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Rookie Watch

Sharpe said afterward that preparations for the Slam Dunk Contest have begun ahead of the event on Feb. 18 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has 2-3 dunks currently at his disposal and is working on adding about three more to be fully ready.

Regardless of the competition, Sharpe is excited about the opportunity.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Sharpe said. “It is a dream come true. I always watched the Dunk Contest with Vince Carter, (Michael Jordan), Kobe (Bryant) and all of them dudes so it is a dream come true. I’m looking forward to it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/trail-blazers-shaedon-sharpe-finalizing-172451168.html

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Sharpe said afterward that preparations for the Slam Dunk Contest have begun ahead of the event on Feb. 18 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has 2-3 dunks currently at his disposal and is working on adding about three more to be fully ready.

Regardless of the competition, Sharpe is excited about the opportunity.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Sharpe said. “It is a dream come true. I always watched the Dunk Contest with Vince Carter, (Michael Jordan), Kobe (Bryant) and all of them dudes so it is a dream come true. I’m looking forward to it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/trail-blazers-shaedon-sharpe-finalizing-172451168.html

Junkie I hadn’t looked at his stats in a while. When did our guy forget how to shoot three pointers (34.4 %) and free throws (64.1 %)?  He was so efficient earlier. 

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Junkie I hadn’t looked at his stats in a while. When did our guy forget how to shoot three pointers (34.4 %) and free throws (64.1 %)?  He was so efficient earlier. 

You’re right …hard to get in a rhythm when you shoot 2 and a half 3’s a game and Lillard and Simons dominate the ball and between them shoot 21 threes a game …they are at 37 percent Sharpe just 3 points behind …but his FG percentage is at 47 percent …better than the both of them …which bodes well for the future …I think he’ll be fine .

MagicMan79 …Portland is looking for bigs …I see threads all the time about them wanting Mo Bamba and now they are interested in Issac …they are also interested in getting a first rounder …I’d love to get Sharpe on this team …I just think right now he is probably more untouchable for them than Simons …if Portland flounders to the All Star break their management is gonna have some major decisions to make about Lillard and the future .

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

You’re right …hard to get in a rhythm when you shoot 2 and a half 3’s a game and Lillard and Simons dominate the ball and between them shoot 21 threes a game …they are at 37 percent Sharpe just 3 points behind …but his FG percentage is at 47 percent …better than the both of them …which bodes well for the future …I think he’ll be fine .

MagicMan79 …Portland is looking for bigs …I see threads all the time about them wanting Mo Bamba and now they are interested in Issac …they are also interested in getting a first rounder …I’d love to get Sharpe on this team …I just think right now he is probably more untouchable for them than Simons …if Portland flounders to the All Star break their management is gonna have some major decisions to make about Lillard and the future .

I think he will be good also.  It must be the way they are using him like you said.  I agree they would want too much for him most likely.  He is still unproven at this point so I wouldn’t give up multiple first round picks or anything.  I think still think my Zach Lavine comparison is pretty good for Sharpe.  

4 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I'd gladly give Bamba and this year's top 2 protected pick for S Sharpe. He's exactly what we need at the 2.

I like that idea.  I think I’d rather have Sharpe than anyone beside Victor and Scoot.  

• Upvote 1

Kid took off one step inside the free throw line and between 2 defenders …on the telecast tonight announcers stated that 50 games into their respective careers Shaedon Sharpe was a better 3 point shooter than Anfernee Simons 

To give you an idea of how otherworldly Paolo is at getting to the FT line, if he keeps up his current pace for his entire rookie contract he'll be around about 5th all time in Magic franchise history in free throw attempts. That'd be in just 4 seasons. A couple more seasons at that pace and he'd comfortably pass Shaq for 2nd all time in franchise history. 

And there's a considerable chance he even improves on his current 7.6 FTA per game into the 8,9,10 realms. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

To give you an idea of how otherworldly Paolo is at getting to the FT line, if he keeps up his current pace for his entire rookie contract he'll be around about 5th all time in Magic franchise history in free throw attempts. That'd be in just 4 seasons. A couple more seasons at that pace and he'd comfortably pass Shaq for 2nd all time in franchise history. 

And there's a considerable chance he even improves on his current 7.6 FTA per game into the 8,9,10 realms. 

Yes, but it seems on many of his drives, he looks for the foul instead of making a concerted effort on making the shot. He also needs to work on his post up game. If he can become a good three point shooter the sky is the limit. Time will tell how dedicated he is.