Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Rookie Watch

Yeah, we have to look at the facts. What is more likely to happen with Isaac's Magic career.

After 2 years, he comes back next month, plays a few minutes a game and stays healthy. He shows enough to find a role in a loaded front court. By the end of the season we are playing Isaac along side Wagner and Banchero and envision a lethal defensive small ball line-up.

After 2 years he comes back, plays a little and stays healthy. But he is on a team with WCJ,BOL BOL,Bamba,Moe Wagner and our two new stars and there is simply no minutes and they all shoot better then he does. At this point his salary is used in some mid season trade to even out the team. Either him or some of the other guys.

After 2 years he never logs any meaningful minutes and is waived at the end of the season.

Pick the most likely scenario.

Scroll to the 17:30 minute mark …guy talking describes what is evolving with Sharpe as a player 12 games into the career …compares to Banchero and Morant in-terms of potential 

They absolutely love him …wouldn’t trade him for hardly anyone …is playing on a very good team …a team that looks like they are gonna be a force in the West 

I still wouldn't take him with the 1st pick... I wasn't on the Paulo train, either so i can eat crow on that, BUT BUT i did highly value your opinion so i would have been willing for the team to trade assets and try and pick him up at 7 for the off chance. I would have been willing to trade both our second round picks and cole or chuma to trade up to the 7th in whatever combo maybe both our 2nds and a future first (protected) and cole, chuma at the time.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:42 AM, Natesroom said:

I still wouldn't take him with the 1st pick... I wasn't on the Paulo train, either so i can eat crow on that, BUT BUT i did highly value your opinion so i would have been willing for the team to trade assets and try and pick him up at 7 for the off chance. I would have been willing to trade both our second round picks and cole or chuma to trade up to the 7th in whatever combo maybe both our 2nds and a future first (protected) and cole, chuma at the time.

That’s fair …was risk involved …time will tell …even Stephen A and JJ Reddick saying they think the Blazers have struck gold …I can’t prove it right now but I maintain that before all is said and done I think Sharpe will be the best player in this class …and Banchero is an easy winner of Rookie of the year for obvious reasons …my biggest takeaway on Sharpe so far …he can shoot …44 percent from 3 and 52 percent FG …he has a high offensive efficiency skill set …not a ball hog …facilitates extremely well …playing on one of the best teams in the league with an already loaded backcourt of Lillard and Simons …on top of what I’ve already mentioned I forgot about his unmatched athletic ability .

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ck4gTThjcMa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Can’t wait till the slam dunk contest at the All Star break 

14 hours ago, ball junkie said:

That’s fair …was risk involved …time will tell …even Stephen A and JJ Reddick saying they think the Blazers have struck gold …I can’t prove it right now but I maintain that before all is said and done I think Sharpe will be the best player in this class …and Banchero is an easy winner of Rookie of the year for obvious reasons …my biggest takeaway on Sharpe so far …he can shoot …44 percent from 3 and 52 percent FG …he has a high offensive efficiency skill set …not a ball hog …facilitates extremely well …playing on one of the best teams in the league with an already loaded backcourt of Lillard and Simons …on top of what I’ve already mentioned I forgot about his unmatched athletic ability .

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ck4gTThjcMa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Can’t wait till the slam dunk contest at the All Star break 

I wish we’d traded the Chicago pick for him.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClFp1siDCPB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClFqIN-jZWB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Kid had a season high 20 tonight in 20 minutes …4-5 from three …8-9 from the field …youngest player in the league …he’s very efficient …digs in on defense …seems to be growing every game .