Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

2022-2023 Official Game Thread - Magic at Pistons - Wed. Oct. 19 @ 7:00 PM

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Well at least we were competitive and trying to win …albeit the results like most of last season …it’s just one game …but man my mind just goes crazy imagining what this team will look like when Fultz and Isaac return …all the friggin layups the Pistons we’re getting and making at the rim …was talking to my son we need our shot blockers out there 

I would trade bol and bamba for one guy that can block shots. I cant believe two over 7 foot guys with a 7'10 wingspan cant block shots.

4 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I would trade bol and bamba for one guy that can block shots. I cant believe two over 7 foot guys with a 7'10 wingspan cant block shots.

I think Bamba literally was at the top 5 shot blockers last season. Come on, he played just 12 minutes tonight, no reason to overreact.

That loss hasn't killed any excitement I have. Paolo looks great, Franz was pretty good, Suggs shot the ball very well. We basically lost because we turned the ball over more which was to be expected without a single healthy PG after Cole was a late scratch. 

From the looks of things the bench unit couldn't get anything going either which is going to happen with our lack of healthy guards. 

We'll be fine. A close loss to a team on their home opener isn't anything to worry about. 

Paolo most points for a rookie on debut since Alllen Iverson (30 pts) in 96 apparently. 

Also first player since Lebron to put up 25/5/5 or better on debut.

We might have a great one here. 

• Upvote 1

If you click through to this on Twitter the post shows the two plays Suggs is talking about too. I'm confident a kid this self reflective will make it work. He's smart. He works hard. He plays D. If the shooting is good he's a starting SG for his career at worst.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If you click through to this on Twitter the post shows the two plays Suggs is talking about too. I'm confident a kid this self reflective will make it work. He's smart. He works hard. He plays D. If the shooting is good he's a starting SG for his career at worst.

Agree completely. I think he’s better suit for the 2, but this level of self reflection is impressive for any age let alone a rookie (basically, he missed a good portion of last year) 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Phil4Real said:

I think Bamba literally was at the top 5 shot blockers last season. Come on, he played just 12 minutes tonight, no reason to overreact.

Still anyone who watches the games can tell that neither of them really stretch and reach to block shots all the time. Bamba just seems to lack energy. I guarantee we trade him this year after January when he's eligible.

53 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Still anyone who watches the games can tell that neither of them really stretch and reach to block shots all the time. Bamba just seems to lack energy. I guarantee we trade him this year after January when he's eligible.

For a "2027 First Round Pick" as predicted about a week ago....

Nonetheless, he has to continue to play and be motivated in order to keep his trade value as high as possible.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Paolo most points for a rookie on debut since Alllen Iverson (30 pts) in 96 apparently. 

Also first player since Lebron to put up 25/5/5 or better on debut.

We might have a great one here. 

I'm going to recommend a nickname for Paolo...hope he likes it and everyone else.

Not Superman but BATMAN !!!