Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

Unrelated Football Hot Take: This Super Bowl was one of the best in recent memory until that fourth quarter holding call. Absolutely crazy you can't challenge a flag like that. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Unrelated Football Hot Take: This Super Bowl was one of the best in recent memory until that fourth quarter holding call. Absolutely crazy you can't challenge a flag like that. 

Great game, but the “stall for 4 minutes and kick a field goal” strategy is a bummer for casual fans like me. Feels very anticlimactic.

And don’t get me started on overtime games being decided by 1 touchdown, with no chance for the other team to retaliate.

12 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

If we are going to make the play-in I believe we need to win 4 of 5. This next 5 game stretch is critical. 

Bulls (tonight)

Raptors 

Pistons 

Pacers 

Pelicans 

Agreed and I feel like we need to unleash JI and up those minutes a good bit because he is too much of a difference maker on defense when he’s in and it will help him get into more of a rhythm on offense as well. 

13 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Everybody that complains about that call ignores the fact that KC was already well within field goal range. After the game the player admitted that he held and hoped to get away with it.

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Everybody that complains about that call ignores the fact that KC was already well within field goal range. After the game the player admitted that he held and hoped to get away with it.

The fact is, if the call was not made then KC had to kick a field goal right then and give Philly more than a minute to tie or win. The horrible call at that moment sealed the victory for KC. The refs decided the game. Btw I don’t like either team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The fact is, if the call was not made then KC had to kick a field goal right then and give Philly more than a minute to tie or win. The horrible call at that moment sealed the victory for KC. The refs decided the game. Btw I don’t like either team. 

That is happening in sports way too much!

5 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

If we are going to make the play-in I believe we need to win 4 of 5. This next 5 game stretch is critical. 

Bulls (tonight)

Raptors 

Pistons 

Pacers 

Pelicans 

I don’t know about the specific four out of five requirement, but I totally agree with your main point.  Either we start to string together some wins, or we aren’t going to be in play-anything 

• Upvote 1