Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Best two Rising Stars in the league. 

If that doesn't market us to other potential stars in the next year or two during free agency that we have a bright future ahead of us in our worth signing with, I don't know what will.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Best two Rising Stars in the league. 

In other words, we drafted the two best players of the last two drafts. Let’s go!

Per the Nuggets win, we have an incredibly deep team where we can win even if Paolo / Wagner aren't having their best games.

We just need 2 or 3 guys to step up and in our good wins, it's always happened. 

Our depth will carry us into the first round of playoffs as long as we stay healthy. Paolo and Wagner's growth will take us from there. 

I didn't realize we're only 3 games out of the bubble and 7 games out of the 6th seed (I don't forsee us jumping up that high). At this point, it's "bubble or bust." 

Problem is that it's a couple of week that we're 3 games out of the playin, and it's true that we can win any game, but unfortunately we also have lost a few that were very winnable. Learning process.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

we are making the playoffs

Directly or through the play-ins? Please remember your previous prediction before answering! :P

46 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Directly or through the play-ins? Please remember your previous prediction before answering! :P

playoffs not play-ins! i remember Luke haha 

So we are obviously going to buyout or waive Patrick Beverly, which opens up a roster spot. If we buyout or waive T Ross that opens up a second. This brings up a couple of additional questions.

1) Do we offer to waive/buyout RJ Hampton, or do we keep him for the remainder of the season as "emergency backup" for the backcourt? He's kind of been lost in the rotation, but I like that he just keeps working on his game, offering to go down to Lakeland, etc. He's my 50/50 guy in deciding what to do with him.

2) Do we fill either or both of the roster spots opened up by Beverly and Ross? (or three if we open Hampton's spot)

3) If we fill, do we look at K Harris and/or Schofield; or do we look to fill our positions of need - 3rd string center since WCJ has been having feet issues, or a more traditional PG; or maybe one of each. Goga Bitadze had to be waived to open up a roster space if we are looking for a younger big with potential to retain him.

There are some interesting names that might be available if we are just looking to fill through the end of this season. For backup centers, there is talk that Nerlens Noel, Dwayne Dedmon, or Khem Birch might be bought out if we are looking at vets for just finishing this season. On the PG side, George Hill and Cory Joseph are getting some buyout buzz. They won't get the interest that a Westbrook or Reggie Jackson will, so might be available.

I like to see some G-league guys get a shot, so maybe some 10-day contracts at first? I think K Harris is a great bench guy; but we also have to remember that we probably will need roster spots for two 1st round picks and possibly a high 2nd round pick coming this summer (unless we do a trade after the season, or around the lottery/draft). I do like guys that are picked in the low-30's - you don't have to guarantee them a contract, they tend to have a chip on their shoulder for not making the first round, and they have something to prove. 

There is still a lot of this season left, and I don't want to "jump ahead", but if we are going down the buyout path anyway, then we should be thinking about what we need/can do with the roster spot(s) we open up.