Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

JI feels like, if he comes back to 90% of who he was athletically, is the perfect compliment to Paolo and Wagner in terms of being a defensive stopper who can shut down the other team's star player, getting offensive/defensive rebounds, and knocking down jumpers made through someone else's offense. 

At least that's what I'm choosing to hope he looks like next to the other guys. 

Can't wait to see our two most freakiest players on the floor together, Bol Bol and JI....tomorrow !!!  They might be freakiest tandem in the whole league.

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Laughing so hard right now I’m crying lol …why don’t u tell us how u really feel lol lol

We definitely been looking out of the same goggles this year …dude plays “SHOOTING” guard but is shooting a team worst 25 percent …and that’s after last years low 20’s percent …his minutes are decreasing as we speak …guess we’ll see 

Where is Suggs game? How can it be....in the 20's, his 3PT FG % in his 70 NBA games?

He needs to put up the work and go to the corners to get the kickouts.

Would be interesting if someone can map his 3PT shots....

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/game/sort/threePointPct/dir/desc
Suggs last year …and he took 4 threes a game …something else to consider …not sure if Suggs is a guy that needs the ball in his hands a lot but with Fultz back full time and Cole also being ball dominant and creators off the dribble my thought is that Suggs would need to be the guy spots up the arc …and that’s basically how they’ve been using him …but up to this point he struggles shooting 

JI is back!! His pastor should know.

I was wondering I would see this ever happen. I'm really glad it will be.

It's funny how the rebuild appears now to be "ending" with the return of JI. I remember when the rebuild started they said it would be around JI. 3 years laterrr

I really hope he can stay healthy, that could mean great news for the Magic. I'm really anxious to see him play again and really curious about the kind of player he can become when is fully back.

• Like 1

On Suggs Vs Cole I'm willing to wait and see. Suggs is only in his second year and been stop start because of injuries. I've said it before but I think he might be a late bloomer. Too smart and too hardworking to not figure it out if you ask me. 

Yea Cole is extension eligible this summer but unless we lock him in to a WCJ type deal I'd probably take it to the summer after when he's an RFA. Probably in his best interest too considering some of his inconsistencies to try to be better next year and get paid more. By that time we'll have more data on both 

Ultimately as well I view Suggs as a SG and Cole as a PG so I don't necessarily believe it's an either or thing. 

The more pressing issue for basically everyone on the roster not named Franz or Paolo (but also Markelle and Wendell probably are safe too at least for a year or two) is being good enough to not get their places taken by the potentially 2 lottery picks we select this summer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The more pressing issue for basically everyone on the roster not named Franz or Paolo (but also Markelle and Wendell probably are safe too at least for a year or two) is being good enough to not get their places taken by the potentially 2 lottery picks we select this summer. 

THIS!!!

DYNASTY INCOMING CT!!!!

• Upvote 1

Isaac's pastor said during a Sunday morning service that Isaac was set to return, and then a team source confirmed to ESPN that Isaac is expected to be listed as questionable on the injury report later this afternoon, and if all goes according to plan, he will be upgraded to available Monday morning ahead of that night's game against the Boston Celtics.

In three games with Lakeland, Isaac averaged 15.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, two assists and two blocks in just over 17 minutes per game. In his last game with Lakeland on Wednesday, Isaac played 22 minutes and finished with 18 points, six boards, five assists and three blocks.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35503609/source-magic-jonathan-isaac-play-1st-2020

I’ll take that production for sure …especially that last game …made ESPN 

HISTORY, THE WORLD WILL BE WATCHING.....

Adam Silver: LeBron James’ scoring record to be broadcast globally

The four-time MVP is now at 38,164 points, which is just 223 points behind Abdul-Jabbar. At the pace he is currently on, he would overtake the legendary Lakers center in less than 10 games, which would mean he would establish the record in early February.

Game 6 - At Madison Square Garden "The World's Most Famous Arena"

Game 7 - At Pacers

Game 8 - At Pelicans

Game 9 - Vs Thunder