Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

58 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I think a real comp for Paolo is Carmelo Anthony

Unfortunately I agree. We can only hope that he becomes Olympic’s Carmelo instead of NBA Melo.

13 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Unfortunately I agree. We can only hope that he becomes Olympic’s Carmelo instead of NBA Melo.

Paolo does have 3 inches and 12 pounds on Carmelo….so bigger Carmelo Anthony?  That seems pretty nice to me. 

51 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

But doesn't Paolo have much better vision than Carmelo? Carmelo always felt like he was a great scorer but got tunnel vision pretty easily - one of the knocks on him that he didn't really ever make the guys around him better... I don't see that with Paolo. 

6 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

But doesn't Paolo have much better vision than Carmelo? Carmelo always felt like he was a great scorer but got tunnel vision pretty easily - one of the knocks on him that he didn't really ever make the guys around him better... I don't see that with Paolo. 

I think the jury will be out on that for awhile. But I agree it’s the key question 

18 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I think for the Magic, it's about finding the role players around those two. You have to have people willing to accept their role though. I think WCJ has a future here.
TBD on Suggs and Fultz (I think both bring A LOT to the table, but I'm concerned about pairing both non-shooters with Banchero/Franz).

I think Bol Bol and Cole are up in the air. Bol Bol is a mismatch nightmare on offense as a scorer but doesn't bring much else to the table other than hustle (not a great rebounder or passer or high Bball IQ). Cole wants to be the hero and I dont know if it's out of misplaced hubris or fear. Either way, both I don't see meshing unless they accept a role player roll, which I don't think either wants. Ball movement goes to die with both of them, and that doesn't breed winning. 

Meanwhile, I think Mo Wagner is a GREAT glue guy you keep on. Hard worker, good rebounder, and doesn't need the ball in his hands to make a difference and be satisfied. You want more guys like that. Put a Dennis Scott or Steve Kerr 3 point shooter with high IQ on this team and we have a bright future. 

Since we're not even trying to hide the tank anymore, my ideal is a 1-2 punch at center with Carter and Wemby and you run the offense through either Fultz or Wagner. Paolo gets used as a pure scoring option but not the guy you ask to play maestro for the entire orchestra. If we want to be an unselfish club that fights for each other then that's about the one formula I can see working. God willing Isaac remembers how to play basketball and we simply ask him to shut down the hardest assignment and don't care how much he scores. 

Trade the rest or work out other roles for them.

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think the jury will be out on that for awhile. But I agree it’s the key question 

Defense is the other.

10 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

In Carmelo’s defense the best player he played with in his prime was an older Chauncey Billups.  They went to the conference finals and lost to Kobe’s Lakers. He also won a championship in college. 

I was listening to Zach Lowe the other day and he said Paola’s defense is better than he thought it would be already. I think he can and needs to improve a lot in my opinion. He looks like a top 5-10 offensive player though. Orlando hasn’t had one of those since T-Mac. 

• Like 1

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS 

MAGIC Vs RAPTORS

Sunday, December 11th at 6:00 P.M., EST
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
TV:  Bally Sports FL

kTVSmb.png

***I have posted a game thread starter if interested***

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Defense is the other.

To me that is part of whether he makes the other players on the team better or not.  One guy who’s not doing his part on defense makes everyone worse.  

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Interesting.

Edit: I’d love this deal, as I believe it’d bring much needed stability, leadership and shooting. I’m curious what kind of deal FVV would want.

He has not been great this year. Shooting 36 % from the field and 32% on threes. He is 29 and most likely wants a large contract. 

Edited by MagicMan1979