Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

On 12/3/2022 at 3:12 AM, JJZFL said:

I agree about the need for vet presence. Right now they are degenerating into an “every man for himself “ style of play and aren’t competing well.  We could be on the verge of a total meltdown.  

The meltdown is exactly what I'm worried about.

I'm anti-tanking, but I'm also not so much worried about the results this year. We just got the #1 overall pick, and look to have hit, and the rest of our roster is 24 and under. I want to see Banchero, Fultz, Suggs, Cole, Okeke, Carter, Wagner, etc. play their hearts out and see what they have. I want to see them actually develop and work towards fulfilling that potential. If that means this year is a wash, that's fine. It that takes us to a low seed playoff appearance, even better. They will get a taste of winning.

But what's happening now could start turning into full blown demoralization. T-Mac in his last year status. All this talent we have wanting out and moving on, leaving the franchise high and dry once again.

idk yet that I'm ready to blame the front office. While the Vuc trade was a question mark for me, overall I am satisfied with the talent they have brought in. But I do believe it is time to start spending some money on some vet presence to put around these guys. That was the main reason I wanted to keep Vuc. He was a vet presence, all-star player with playoff experience who could help guide this youth movement, along with some already existing chemistry he'd already have with some guys. But then again, it got us Wagner, so there was definitely some benefit in the trade as well. But it is time to start bringing some vets in. I don't have suggestions because I don't know who all was out there this summer, out there now, or who is looking to be out there this coming summer. 

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

The meltdown is exactly what I'm worried about.

I'm anti-tanking, but I'm also not so much worried about the results this year. We just got the #1 overall pick, and look to have hit, and the rest of our roster is 24 and under. I want to see Banchero, Fultz, Suggs, Cole, Okeke, Carter, Wagner, etc. play their hearts out and see what they have. I want to see them actually develop and work towards fulfilling that potential. If that means this year is a wash, that's fine. It that takes us to a low seed playoff appearance, even better. They will get a taste of winning.

But what's happening now could start turning into full blown demoralization. T-Mac in his last year status. All this talent we have wanting out and moving on, leaving the franchise high and dry once again.

idk yet that I'm ready to blame the front office. While the Vuc trade was a question mark for me, overall I am satisfied with the talent they have brought in. But I do believe it is time to start spending some money on some vet presence to put around these guys. That was the main reason I wanted to keep Vuc. He was a vet presence, all-star player with playoff experience who could help guide this youth movement, along with some already existing chemistry he'd already have with some guys. But then again, it got us Wagner, so there was definitely some benefit in the trade as well. But it is time to start bringing some vets in. I don't have suggestions because I don't know who all was out there this summer, out there now, or who is looking to be out there this coming summer. 

Once again completely agree. 

25 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm not sure Vuch would have been the right vet to push the rest of the group (leadership-toughness-defense)

I think it's certainly debatable either way.

The fact that we got Wagner AND Carter out of the deal tho makes me way less negative about it. At the time I did not like it. Now that I've seen the results, I can definitely accept it.

I feel like the position we would benefit most from a vet leader is probably the 2 guard spot. I really like Markelle Fultz as our 1. I'm in on him enough that I just got his jersey this season. I really like Fultz and believe he can be a foundational piece for our starting lineup, even if not THE guy. I think he does a really good job at running the offense and leading the team while he's on the floor, and I hope he can stay healthy for us and have a long career with the Magic. Wagner and Banchero are legit in my eyes. We have a good pair of players there that I believe can turn into a really strong 1-2 duo. I like Carter at the 5, and believe he's a good anchor down low. I like a bench with Cole Anthony, Okeke, Bamba, Bol Bol, and T-Ross.

I do like Suggs, and believe he has shown potential of being a legit 2-guard in this league. And I think in the long run, that spot can probably be his. But right now, he is rather inconsistent and can be an active detriment for this team. If we were able to bring in a strong vet presence at the 2 that could help guide this team in the short term, while Suggs develops as a spark on the 2nd unit, I think it would be beneficial to the team to have that vet presence, as well as to Suggs so he doesn't have to carry that burden right now and putting it all on his shoulders. Maybe even a vet big with Bamba's inconsistencies and Bol Bol not really having the strength to be a force down low.

I mean at this point 20-something games into the season, it's NBA2K style fantasy team building at the moment, but I think some moves like that heading into this season, or at this point, into next, could be beneficial.

4 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

I feel like the position we would benefit most from a vet leader is probably the 2 guard spot.

kinda sounds like we should gone and got donovan mitchell

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wow we are actually trying tonight against Milwaukee and this forum is absolutely dead  

Hey Magic organization do you give a crap about the fan base??????

This forum is an incredibly tiny part of Magic fans. Forums in general are a dead medium. It's a miracle this place still exists at all so don't be surprised when it goes through quite periods like for example in December with the Magic on a losing streak. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This forum is an incredibly tiny part of Magic fans. Forums in general are a dead medium. It's a miracle this place still exists at all so don't be surprised when it goes through quite periods like for example in December with the Magic on a losing streak. 

Say hello to mister joined January 13, 2006 theres like one or two others that still post that joined when i did or like a day before...it has been a bumpy and frustrating ride!

You joined joined in 2012 and thats Ten years ago and not even the heydey of this forum! (not a diss just pointing out that between you an me and that 26 years of posting on this board, lol)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Natesroom said:

kinda sounds like we should gone and got donovan mitchell

Sure, I woulda been on board with that.

Not sure what it would have cost us. But a guy like Donovan would be great to have.