Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

latest news

Orlando is likely to get players back in the next month during this stretch too — Paolo Banchero and Wendell Carter are day-to-day with their injuries, Markelle Fultz and Moe Wagner returned to practice Wednesday, Cole Anthony is expected to return in early December (at least by his own estimation) and Jonathan Isaac should be inching closer with a late-December five-game homestand looking like a good target for his return.

7 hours ago, Natesroom said:

latest news

I was gonna post that stuff …in regards to Issac I was doing it during the summer …but I see what you guys mean now …sheesh …it’s beyond ridiculous …again, you would think the team would like to start winning and change this horrible losing culture that has invested itself …by getting guys back on the court so you can at least see what you got .

You won’t get anymore return to play updates from me smh …I’ll believe it when I see it .

15 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like early injury report for tomorrow doesn’t have Paolo or Moe Wagner on it. Wendell and Chuma Questionable. Cole, Fultz, Isaac still out

I want to see Moe Wagner and Bol Bol play together. And also my man Isaac when he comes back

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I want to see Moe Wagner and Bol Bol play together. And also my man Isaac when he comes back

Jonathan Isaac’s injury occurred 845 days ago. I hope you get to see that obnoxiously large front court, but I’m skeptical we ever see JI play again.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jonathan Isaac’s injury occurred 845 days ago. I hope you get to see that obnoxiously large front court, but I’m skeptical we ever see JI play again.

It’s one of the weirdest things I’ve seen in sports. Still holding to the hope he comes back healthy. My favorite “active” player

With the amount of concern by our fan base (including myself) regarding the length of time some of the Magic players have not played due to injuries, I did a search online to see how many players in the NBA, past and present, fall into that category.

SOURCE: Reddit Website

**DISCLAIMER** - TMF DOES NOT KNOW THE DATE OF THIS REPORT

Longest Time Off Due To Injury In The NBA

"As the medical field and sports science has evolved, we've begun to learn the risk of an early return to sport following a significant injury. We see subsequent or recurrent injuries following surgical intervention time and again: Porzingis, Wall, Cousins, Klay to name just a few recent and high-profile incidents.

This may be because of proprioception deficiencies, muscle imbalances from the initial atrophy, improper biomechanics, or fear of reinjury. Whatever the case, the science is pretty clear: Returning to level I sports after ACL reconstruction leads to a more than 4-fold increase in reinjury rates over 2 years, and you're twice as likely to injure your opposite (non-operated) knee after undergoing an ACL surgery. To that end, some studies would suggest the risk of re-injury is only really mitigated following a 2-year hiatus.

With the devastating news around Klay's recent injury and the strange adjusted schedule due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there seems to be a number of NBA athletes who have recently undergone extensive periods away from the game. I decided to take a look at some of the longest stretches away from the game due to injury. While I've included some of the most notable cases from the past, I prioritized active and star players.

NBA Players_Longest Time Off From Injuries

ujqMQq.jpg

LcCM31.png

The Others

Others like Andrew Bogut, Amar’e Stoudemire, Yao Ming sort of kind of could slide in here but various circumstances made it so that they didn't really have any sustained length of time away from the game save for retirement. Feel free to let me know who I forgot!"

LINK:   https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/k5f8ws/longest_time_off_due_to_injury_in_the_nba/