Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

23 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Thanks Junkie - I don't have the Insider, but I was kind of curious what this story had to say about the Magic. 

The headline of this ESPN story is sweet music to our FO...

How the Rockets, Magic or Pelicans (thanks, Lakers!) could win the Wembanyama sweepstakes

We have about a month to know where this team is really at. The losing right now feels awful but things could be much different Mid December. In one month some of our missing players should be back. Team should be playing better. Besides that in mid December is when some players become eligible to be traded. This team seems like it could be better later on but still have enough losses to be in the Wembanyama talk.

In fact all the Wembanyama fans should be happy about our early struggles. It means we can win more games in the second half but still wind up in the lottery. Per 740 the team we are on pace to win 23 games this year. I do not see this happening, too many good things about this team. If we actually get some healthy players i predict we win at a much higher pace after December. Still mid lotto team, but with more wins in the second half. To me this is the best scenario this year. If we had traded for DJ,Mitchell or hell, even Conley i would have had higher expectations.

TL;DR.  I think we win a lot more in the second half but still lose enough to be in the lotto, which is fine by me. Next year if we don't hit the miracle back to back number one picks i think it's time to start using picks to get another player. The next big time player i think to be dangled will be Brown. He is eligible to be extended after this season and i have heard rumblings he might tell the Celtics he ain't signing.

I really need to start directing my energy into other things than this team/franchise. I can’t recall any other sporting organisation deprived of happiness and good news. Its on the front office. They way they do things, yeah they drafted Franz and Paolo but that’s it. Its not like they were surprise picks. They were slated to go there or about. We have been the worst shooting team that feels like a decade long. Why haven’t they targeted shooting? Go back to their Milwaukee days, they were horrific then and the only thing that allowed theM to continue their careers in the league was the Giannis pick. Forget about Bogut, Sanders, Henson etc. they’re our Bamba, Okeke, Suggs, Isaac picks. Long boys and injury prone players who can’t shoot. The injury secrecy and lack of transparency with timelines etc when we seem to always have triple the time on sidelines for Our team compared to other teams is blatant disrespect to our fans. It’s beyond me why anyone buys season tickets with this crap product they continue to put out. Why did we extend Harris and Bamba? Harris hasn’t been healthy in 5 years! And Bamba the writing was on the wall year 1.  The league leading team for games missed isn’t just by chance. 
Get a GM that’s competent, takes risks, a competent coach Ffs and start drafting players that fit the direction the league is going. 
Sorry I had to vent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

i agree with the shooting comment. 10 years i have been asking for us to draft shooting

Who should we have drafted that we didn’t? I know Booker over Hezonja is obvious, but am I missing anyone else? 

1 hour ago, O_SteveO said:

Who should we have drafted that we didn’t? I know Booker over Hezonja is obvious, but am I missing anyone else? 

SGA  instead of Bamba, Mitchell instead of Isaac. We passed on Kuzma, josh hart and Derrick white the 3 picks before we selected Iwundu. 
Gary Trent Jr was staring us in the face but we took Melvin Frazier who is worse version on Iwundu the second rounder the year before. Sold our second rounder to lakers in 2021, players like Herb Jones, Ayo dosumnu available at that pick. Sold the pick before we even had a clue who was gonna still be available. 
Instead we roll out two way players like Harris, Schofield, Brazdeikis, Gravett, Briscoe, bacon etc instead of having a swing on a second round prospect with some actual upside. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Natesroom said:

i agree with the shooting comment. 10 years i have been asking for us to draft shooting

Sharpe leading rookies who’ve played a significant amount of games in 3 point shooting at 47 percent …he’s only behind Kessler and Duren in FG percent at 53 percent …our Banchero shooting 25 and 46 respectively …SO FAR …

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2023_rookies.html

There is a guy on our team that is shooting 50% from 3 and over 90% at ft line. And seems to really have turned a corner mentally and plays the guard position. But for some inexplicable reason our brilliant coach has decided to hardly play the kid this year. SMDH. 

Free RJ !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Sharpe leading rookies who’ve played a significant amount of games in 3 point shooting at 47 percent …he’s only behind Kessler and Duren in FG percent at 53 percent …our Banchero shooting 25 and 46 respectively …SO FAR …

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2023_rookies.html

When you’re playing alongside Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons, and Jerami Grant you’ll get a ton of wide open looks because they command so much attention from the defense. If we had him on this team I’d bet he’d struggle shooting. 

Paolo is listed out for tonight's game vs. Minnesota (4th game in a row) and Wendell is GTD.

Obviously no one is coming back (because we are tanking), so we'll probably see a starting five like this: Suggs/Franz/Chuma/Bol/Bamba

NOT the season I was waiting for. Kiiiiind of bored of it.

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

There is a guy on our team that is shooting 50% from 3 and over 90% at ft line. And seems to really have turned a corner mentally and plays the guard position. But for some inexplicable reason our brilliant coach has decided to hardly play the kid this year. SMDH. 

Free RJ !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the FO just gave up on RJ and they're not gonna extended him, so they don't want to play him many minutes. And of course they don't want to win right now, and RJ is playing well.

The only other explanation is Mosley hates the kid.

Banchero already ruled out for tonight. 

I’m gonna be honest y’all, I’m struggling this season. I’m not local to Orlando anymore so I spend up for league pass to be able to watch my lifelong team play. I try to tune in to as many games as I can, I’ve done it my whole life. But the team knowingly and willingly putting out an inferior product on the court time after time with no clarity is getting to disrespectful levels to the fanbase. Isaac hasn’t played in over 2 years, Fultz is being held out even though we’ve heard he’s healthy straight from the source, Paolo is the latest where he seemed to be progressing and practicing and now all of a sudden he can’t play. I understand that tanking has been our directive for years, but right now I feel as if we have the talent to compete, we’re just choosing not to. So incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1