Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I think the incredible thing is that Bol Bol might finally have proved he can be a worthy NBA Player, though I think his is "team skills" (seeing open men cutting when he has the ball, decision making, team defensive play) are still a work in progress. Much of his scoring and impressive skill are due to barreling his head down in 1-on-1 scenarios and scoring close(r) to the basket. Just my two cents as I've watched the last few games. 

• Like 1

I didn’t watch the game was at a football party …back to reality …Magic shooting 31 percent as a team from 3 …28th in the league …only the Lakers and OKC worse .

Individually Suggs, Banchero and Wagner …who at this time shoot the majority of our 3’s are shooting 26, 23 and 21 percent from 3

I’d say the people complaining about shooting on the previous pages have a legitimate complaint .

These days in the NBA shooting is imperative for the most successful teams .

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/table/game/sort/threePointPct/dir/desc

• Like 1

Franz, Paolo and Wendell are, in my mind, fixed in the starting lineup for the foreseeable future. We just need to put enough complimentary stuff around them now. 

Im willing to admit I was wrong about Bol but I also think his defensive limitations (not much of a high feel help defender, very bad perimeter defender and very bad post defender) are enough to consider him more for a 6th man role versus a starting role. Move him to a featured bench role when we have more healthy guys back could balance things out.

I think in an ideal scenario with everyone healthy and a must win game you'd go: 

Fultz

Gary Harris 

Franz

Paolo

Wendell

6th man: Bol

7th and 8th men: Cole and Suggs

9th and 10th men: Mo Wagner (or Bamba I suppose) and TRoss 

EDIT: (I suppose with EVERYONE healthy you'd put Isaac in their somewhere but I completely forgot about him tbh)

Yes that is what i want for Christmas. Just a chance to see our full roster for a couple weeks. Don't sleep on this team. Yes i think we have started out badly but with health this team can start winning and sneak into a higher seed. So many bad teams in the east. It's not as deep as we thought.

I’m hesitant to post these cause of all the mystery behind his last 2 years …but just to remind if he ever gets back on the court kid is a baller …and another big to add to our crowded front court 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

I’m hesitant to post these cause of all the mystery behind his last 2 years …but just to remind if he ever gets back on the court kid is a baller …and another big to add to our crowded front court 

Yeah, when (if) he comes back, things will get real interesting.  Hopefully front office and coaching will be able to make the necessary adjustments especially if he plays the rest of the season (dreaming) without injury.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Franz, Paolo and Wendell are, in my mind, fixed in the starting lineup for the foreseeable future. We just need to put enough complimentary stuff around them now. 

Im willing to admit I was wrong about Bol but I also think his defensive limitations (not much of a high feel help defender, very bad perimeter defender and very bad post defender) are enough to consider him more for a 6th man role versus a starting role. Move him to a featured bench role when we have more healthy guys back could balance things out.

I think in an ideal scenario with everyone healthy and a must win game you'd go: 

Fultz

Gary Harris 

Franz

Paolo

Wendell

6th man: Bol

7th and 8th men: Cole and Suggs

9th and 10th men: Mo Wagner (or Bamba I suppose) and TRoss 

EDIT: (I suppose with EVERYONE healthy you'd put Isaac in their somewhere but I completely forgot about him tbh)

Did you forget Chuma?

42 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Did you forget Chuma?

Yes and no. Yes I forgot him. But also I'm not super convinced I'd change anything about what I wrote now I've remembered him. Chuma can't play backup 5 or backup 2 and how many minutes at 3/4 are there going to be with Paolo/Franz/Bol playing pretty big minutes. 

He'd be in that 9th and 10th man group really depending on matchup (i.e. nights where Bol or Paolo can play the 5 or nights where you need more 6'7+ wing defenders to throw at a particular player or team)

Orlando Magic Buy Low on Ben Simmons

Orlando Magic Receive: PG Ben Simmons

Brooklyn Nets Receive: F/C Mo Bamba, SF Terrence Ross, SG Gary Harris

On the long list of the Nets' problems is the play of Simmons, who's struggled in a return from back surgery. The 26-year-old is averaging just 6.2 points per game on the worst shooting of his career (44.1 percent). He's attempted just one three-pointer on the season and has still shown no interest in expanding his game.

"Ben Simmons has been a source of frustration for Kevin Durant, for others on the Nets so far, because he's been unable to stay on the floor with a knee injury, but prior to that, he has shown that he's a long way away from being back to an impactful player," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on NBA Today.

The best thing for Simmons' career would be getting out of the circus in Brooklyn and moving to a young, rebuilding team in a small market where he can focus on basketball and not be in the center of a media storm every single night.

Because of this, the Orlando Magic would be a perfect fit.

Orlando loves its tall, versatile lineups, ones the 6'10" Simmons can plug into immediately. There would be enough scoring options around him in players like Paolo Banchero, Franz Wagner, Wendell Carter Jr. and Cole Anthony so that Simmons could focus on playmaking, rebounding and defense.

For Brooklyn, getting back a trio of rotation players would mean a deeper, more talented roster overall.

Bamba would give the frontcourt another shot-blocking presence, plus the ability to step out and knock down threes. Ross has long represented instant offense off the bench, and Harris will be a valuable three-and-D wing when he returns from arthroscopic knee surgery.

Note: Bamba is not eligible to be traded until Dec. 15.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054831-fresh-trade-ideas-spinning-off-latest-news-and-rumors

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yes and no. Yes I forgot him. But also I'm not super convinced I'd change anything about what I wrote now I've remembered him. Chuma can't play backup 5 or backup 2 and how many minutes at 3/4 are there going to be with Paolo/Franz/Bol playing pretty big minutes. 

He'd be in that 9th and 10th man group really depending on matchup (i.e. nights where Bol or Paolo can play the 5 or nights where you need more 6'7+ wing defenders to throw at a particular player or team)

Can you evaluate last year's combination of Franz and Wendell versus this year's performance with the caveat of Paolo being part of the mix?

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Orlando Magic Buy Low on Ben Simmons

Orlando Magic Receive: PG Ben Simmons

Brooklyn Nets Receive: F/C Mo Bamba, SF Terrence Ross, SG Gary Harris

On the long list of the Nets' problems is the play of Simmons, who's struggled in a return from back surgery. The 26-year-old is averaging just 6.2 points per game on the worst shooting of his career (44.1 percent). He's attempted just one three-pointer on the season and has still shown no interest in expanding his game.

"Ben Simmons has been a source of frustration for Kevin Durant, for others on the Nets so far, because he's been unable to stay on the floor with a knee injury, but prior to that, he has shown that he's a long way away from being back to an impactful player," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on NBA Today.

The best thing for Simmons' career would be getting out of the circus in Brooklyn and moving to a young, rebuilding team in a small market where he can focus on basketball and not be in the center of a media storm every single night.

Because of this, the Orlando Magic would be a perfect fit.

Orlando loves its tall, versatile lineups, ones the 6'10" Simmons can plug into immediately. There would be enough scoring options around him in players like Paolo Banchero, Franz Wagner, Wendell Carter Jr. and Cole Anthony so that Simmons could focus on playmaking, rebounding and defense.

For Brooklyn, getting back a trio of rotation players would mean a deeper, more talented roster overall.

Bamba would give the frontcourt another shot-blocking presence, plus the ability to step out and knock down threes. Ross has long represented instant offense off the bench, and Harris will be a valuable three-and-D wing when he returns from arthroscopic knee surgery.

Note: Bamba is not eligible to be traded until Dec. 15.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054831-fresh-trade-ideas-spinning-off-latest-news-and-rumors

For that price, sure

• Upvote 1