Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I've not expressed hate and neither bad words for him, still in second year, long way to go. But even in the great game he had yesterday, in the first part was leaving Curry a lot of space from the 3 even, when you should stay attached at him as hell, and even going under the blocking man a lot of times. I don't know if it's on him or on coaching plan, but either way was a terrible idea.

Great win, hope that could gave confidence to all the group, but GS is not exactly dominating the league right now, so i hope they stay humble.

He made the winning plays when it mattered. At the end of the day it’s Steph Curry the best shooter of all time so you can’t really expect to contain him for the whole game. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

But even in the great game he had yesterday, in the first part was leaving Curry a lot of space from the 3 even, when you should stay attached at him as hell, and even going under the blocking man a lot of times. I don't know if it's on him or on coaching plan, but either way was a terrible idea.

This is just not true. I just rewatched every Curry made basket. At no point did he pull up and make a 3 because Suggs went under the screen. In fact for the most part the Magic looked to be switching the screens against Curry and he attacked the late switch by pulling up before the big could close out fast enough. In those situations Suggs was following the game plan by going under to pick up the big. 

Wether you think switching the Curry screens is a good idea or not will be whether you blame coaching but the truth is it's just incredibly hard to contain Steph without giving up wide open shots to other guys on every possession. 

I don't have the full match anymore, but at 4:30 of this video for example, even if you consider it 'switching', doesn't seem to me a good defense. As i wrote in my post, I don't know if it was up to him or coaching plan. ;)

I'm aware that defending Curry it's a tough task. I just said that I wasn't totally convinced by his choices/effort on the defensive end, as I wasn't other games in the past. A lot of them were surely due to try to do too much. But hopefully he'll learn and improve on offense too, he has all the time in the world still, only a little more than a rookie.

12 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I don't have the full match anymore, but at 4:30 of this video for example, even if you consider it 'switching', doesn't seem to me a good defense. As i wrote in my post, I don't know if it was up to him or coaching plan. ;)

I'm aware that defending Curry it's a tough task. I just said that I wasn't totally convinced by his choices/effort on the defensive end, as I wasn't other games in the past. A lot of them were surely due to try to do too much. But hopefully he'll learn and improve on offense too, he has all the time in the world still, only a little more than a rookie.

I don't "consider it" switching. That's quite clearly switching to me. Suggs sags to pick up the big, Franz stays tight to Klay and Wendell goes out to meet Curry. It even sounds like you can hear Suggs shout "switch".

Now after it happens Suggs looks around a bit confused which could indicate there was a miscommunication but considering from what I saw we switched a lot of those Steph screen actions I'm guessing Wendell was just a fraction late stepping up probably due to the double screen throwing him off.

Suggs had an excellent game …and I gave him the plaudits he deserved …but he’s gotta do more than one game as a star to convince me …granted GS are the defending champs …my guess is they are finally gonna decline somewhat …they are currently on a 5 game losing streak …won 3 games total …Suggs shooting 29 percent from 3 granted small sample size …we also have last year sample size …time will tell 

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

From the man himself 

Yeah if he keeps this up I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of reasons to keep holding out for a guy who come New Year's will have *checks* 2 games in 3 years