Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I personally wouldn’t mind trading a second for Patrick Beverley if LA would do it. Dude is old but a leader who knows his role (defense and shooting). The lack of consistency at the guard position hurt us in our last rebuild, and I’d hate for it to hurt us in this rebuild.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/table/offensive/sort/avgPoints/dir/desc
https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/view/opponent/table/offensive/sort/avgPoints/dir/asc

Was doing some stat checking …we are actually an above average defensive team …but it’s on the offensive side of the ball where we are pretty much bottom of the league …lots of different measurables  help yourself if you wanna play around with it …one link is offensive stats the other is defense 

Fultz broke his toe. It sucks but it really happened. Isaac might as well be on Mars. I think we all need to calm down at this point. Plenty of other teams are major disappointments. Trust me nobody is more hyped then me to start winning again. I feel like this season is going to be an obvious turning point, it's just going to be the second half. 

On 9/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Of all the injuries that could have happened a fractured toe is hardly a terrible one. Just unfortunate. He'll miss training camp though and possibly a week or two of the season. 

On 9/26/2022 at 8:50 PM, JJZFL said:

This is the Magic we’re talking about.  He’ll probably be out all season.  

Well here we are at 39 days and zero word regarding Fultz.  Doesn’t mean he won’t show up in the next few games, but as usual the recovery seems to be taking longer than expected.   

14 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

they did say typically 4 weeks to heal which if we are being fair is 28-35 days

And we are at 39 today, getting close to 42 which is the six week mark.  Now Fultz could suddenly come back in the next few days but it doesn’t seem all that likely.  

I’m not one who believes that Fultz returning solves all our problems on offense, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to find out how much it would help (if at all).  By the way, there was never any information provided about how Fultz or Harris got injured in the first place, just another indication of the Magic’s total lack of transparency on this issue. 

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

And we are at 39 today, getting close to 42 which is the six week mark.  Now Fultz could suddenly come back in the next few days but it doesn’t seem all that likely.  

I’m not one who believes that Fultz returning solves all our problems on offense, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to find out how much it would help (if at all).  By the way, there was never any information provided about how Fultz or Harris got injured in the first place, just another indication of the Magic’s total lack of transparency on this issue. 

There actually was information put out on how Fultz got injured. He said he stubbed his toe at home and broke it, it was also reported he initially practiced for a few days before finding out it was broken. So it seems like he should be back any day now unless he suffered a setback.  

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

There actually was information put out on how Fultz got injured. He said he stubbed his toe at home and broke it, it was also reported he initially practiced for a few days before finding out it was broken. So it seems like he should be back any day now unless he suffered a setback.  

Yeah it wasn’t clear whether he injured it playing, or stubbed it at home (how often does that happen to a professional athlete causing a fracture?) or something else.   And I don’t think the Magic actually put out any information.  We’ll see when the “any day” happens; the Magics lack of transparency in this stuff makes me extremely skeptical.  It seems like our players in general come back from injury very slowly, even leaving out Isaac who is obviously an outlier.  

18 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We have 1 PG in Fultz. With him out we have none. If we don't make a move to get some kind of PG help then it's obvious that we are tanking.

It has been a tough 2 at home and 6 on the road start of the season schedule but the 1 - 7 record is something that seems is eroding the season very quickly.....unfortunately. 

Although the next 7 are at home, there are some very good teams coming in and the ones that are not good have a better record than us except the Rockets.

So after 15 games, we could be looking at a 3 -12 or 4 -11 record.....which could soon thereafter put the team in tanking mode, officially. Nothing to play for except the 2023 draft.