Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

30 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I hope you’re wrong. Sitting out FA this summer means we’re sitting out FA indefinitely with Cole due for an extension this year, then Franz and Suggs next. This is the summer to maximize the cap based around the CBA rules. I’d hate to jeopardize that over a guy that’s played 11 games in 3 years

We wouldn't have to sit out free agency, but we would have to make some roster space. If we guaranteed G Harris, Bol, Bitadze, and re-signed Moe to about $3M, that would still leave us with $17-18M in Cap Space with the new cap of $134M. The problem is, that only leaves the two roster spots for our 1st round picks. By waiving Bol (sorry, TMF) we open a roster space and have about $20M in space. Waiving Bol and G Harris gets us to about $33K with two open spots. (All assuming we don't keep Schofield and MCW, or convert K Harris or Scrubb; though I don't know why we would). 

I like Bol, I just don't think he can defend in the post, and everyone in the league knows it. We will see countless picks to get him switched onto PF/C in the lane. I just think Moe and Bitadze are better fits/more valuable to the team as a whole. 

Having said that, I think a lot of decisions are going to happen fast after the lottery.

I think Bol kinda sucks but I'd like to hope someone would give us a 2nd round pick for him or something rather than having to waive him. 

The draft lottery is held on May 16th. After the lottery, we will know what pick(s) we have. We will then have about six weeks for the front office to finalize some roster decisions prior to the draft/free agency. 

6/29/2023 Admiral Schofield 2023-24 Club Option $1,997,238
6/29/2023 Michael Carter-Williams 2023-24 Club Option $3,051,144
6/30/2023 Bol Bol 2023-24 Guaranteed $2,200,000
6/30/2023 Cole Anthony 2024-25 Qualifying Offer $7,744,600
6/30/2023 Gary Harris 2023-24 Guaranteed $13,000,000
7/01/2023 Markelle Fultz 2023-24 Guaranteed $17,000,000

Spotrac hasn't updated it but Goga's Club Option is also 6/30. And Moe Wagner becomes a Free Agent on 6/30 as well(we have Bird rights).

36 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

We wouldn't have to sit out free agency, but we would have to make some roster space. If we guaranteed G Harris, Bol, Bitadze, and re-signed Moe to about $3M, that would still leave us with $17-18M in Cap Space with the new cap of $134M. The problem is, that only leaves the two roster spots for our 1st round picks. By waiving Bol (sorry, TMF) we open a roster space and have about $20M in space. Waiving Bol and G Harris gets us to about $33K with two open spots. (All assuming we don't keep Schofield and MCW, or convert K Harris or Scrubb; though I don't know why we would). 

I like Bol, I just don't think he can defend in the post, and everyone in the league knows it. We will see countless picks to get him switched onto PF/C in the lane. I just think Moe and Bitadze are better fits/more valuable to the team as a whole. 

Having said that, I think a lot of decisions are going to happen fast after the lottery.

Sorry, maybe my initial post wasn’t super clear. I didn’t mean we’d have to fully sit out, we just wouldn’t be maximizing our assets