Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

i really hate the idea of not putting the best product on the court possible, but your posts definately are understandable.

How about a compromise?   We put our usual lineup out for our last home game, then sit for the 2 away games?

(like any of us have any impact on what management does, lol)

I suspect Paolo needs one more great game to lock up ROTY. J Will's numbers have really been eye popping the second half of the season. The good thing is the Thunder have some tough losses the last week. They are almost out of the play-in. Not making the playoffs will cool some of the Jalen Williams hype. 

Or i could be completely wrong and they sit Paolo the final 3 games. Reasoning is that he is right at 20ppg and has been shooting the 3 ball way better the last 15 games with almost 9 rebounds a game. They could see it as wrapped up already and want to keep him healthy and not let him drop below 20ppg.

Either way mission accomplished this year for him. He came in as the possibly future star and alpha we need. 

Cole and Fultz stayed healthy and took a step forward. Wendall is outplaying his contract. Franz is healthy and looks good. 

Rest of the team needs work. Lots of decisions to be made this summer.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I suspect Paolo needs one more great game to lock up ROTY. J Will's numbers have really been eye popping the second half of the season. The good thing is the Thunder have some tough losses the last week. They are almost out of the play-in. Not making the playoffs will cool some of the Jalen Williams hype. 

Or i could be completely wrong and they sit Paolo the final 3 games. Reasoning is that he is right at 20ppg and has been shooting the 3 ball way better the last 15 games with almost 9 rebounds a game. They could see it as wrapped up already and want to keep him healthy and not let him drop below 20ppg.

Either way mission accomplished this year for him. He came in as the possibly future star and alpha we need. 

Cole and Fultz stayed healthy and took a step forward. Wendall is outplaying his contract. Franz is healthy and looks good. 

Rest of the team needs work. Lots of decisions to be made this summer.

Don’t buy into that media narrative trying to make a story out of nothing. Paolo has had the ROTY locked up for months now

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Now that the season is almost done I must say that I'm happy with the advances we've made. Take out our 5-20 PG-less start and we are over 500. Paolo was obviously the best choice that none of us armchair GMs scouted properly, Franz continues to shine, Fultz is getting his game back, Cole is playing a bit less hero ball and is improving on D, and we dumped Bamba and signed a very productive big to replace him. WCJ continues to look good, Harris is healthier, and Mo Wagner has shown he can ball too! Suggs plays his butt off, but he sucks on 3 pointers and should not be shooting them. With some lottery/draft and FA luck we should be able to bring in at least 1 knock down shooter and hopefully a better backup PG. Playoffs for sure next season!!!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like the Cavs are benching everyone tomorrow and Isaac is our only player listed out, so it should be a fun beat down in the home finale.

If we're playing everyone then I'm hoping we go up big quickly and let the bench play the second half. 

On 4/5/2023 at 7:59 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I've talked myself into thinking we should try and sign Cam Johnson as an RFA. He'd have to be willing to come off the bench which could be an obstacle but a high volume 3 point shooting forward would be a real nice piece to blend into this rotation. He's basically only a 4 but could get plenty of burn with Paolo at 5 in small lineups or Paolo at 3 in big lineups. 

And, I've said it a few times now on this board I think but if we don't use cap space soon it'll all get eaten up by extensions. He's probably the best shooter available this summer off the top of my head, not sure how Brooklyn will approach keeping him tbh they might not want to match for a big long term deal. I dunno probably won't happen just a thought. 

I like it. His age and game fit perfectly on our roster. I'm not sure he'd need to come off the bench, as I like Franz at SG anyway. Cam's advanced stats shows he's a good two-way forward, too. BTW, everything I see says he's a SF. Either way, he'd provide a lot of value and flexibility.

PG - Kelle, Cole

SG - Franz, Jalen

SF - Cam, Caleb

PF - Paulo, Mo

C - Wendell, Goga

Plus, two top rookies.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I like it. His age and game fit perfectly on our roster. I'm not sure he'd need to come off the bench, as I like Franz at SG anyway. Cam's advanced stats shows he's a good two-way forward, too.

PG - Kelle, Cole

SG - Franz, Jalen

SF - Cam, Caleb

PF - Paulo, Mo

C - Wendell, Goga

Plus, two top rookies.

More concerned with Cam at the 3 than Franz at the 2. Think he's a little slow footed to play the 3 full time. But maybe it's one of those where it works in the regular season and then in the playoffs you adjust as necessary. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If we're playing everyone then I'm hoping we go up big quickly and let the bench play the second half. 

My gut feeling tells me that the Magic are going to come out lackadaisical/slow. Knowing they have 2 games left in the regular season and have nothing to play for, they will be looking ahead to the off season. 

The Cavs bench will come out playing hard because they know that they will be needed in the playoffs, especially if there are injuries. They have something to prove.

GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME A DOWN VOTE. THERE ARE 2 GAMES LEFT AND I WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO FEAR ABOUT WHAT I SAY OR POST UNTIL NEXT SEASON. /Just Kidding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

More concerned with Cam at the 3 than Franz at the 2. Think he's a little slow footed to play the 3 full time. But maybe it's one of those where it works in the regular season and then in the playoffs you adjust as necessary. 

In that hipothetical scenario, Bitadze could be an option against bigger/slower centers, Mo still an option in smaller lineups (even Paulo as you mentioned, even if i'm not completely sold on it) and Cam would have playing time in the PF role. I mean, it's not like Mo & Goga are top players, if Cam is a good fit he'll earn his minutes easily. Not convinced about Franz at SG in a regular basis, so I would prefer to avoid Cam at SF too.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

My gut feeling tells me that the Magic are going to come out lackadaisical/slow. Knowing they have 2 games left in the regular season and have nothing to play for, they will be looking ahead to the off season. 

The Cavs bench will come out playing hard because they know that they will be needed in the playoffs, especially if there are injuries. They have something to prove.

GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME A DOWN VOTE. THERE ARE 2 GAMES LEFT AND I WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO FEAR ABOUT WHAT I SAY OR POST UNTIL NEXT SEASON. /Just Kidding.

I think we’re treating this game like our season finale. Last home game, chance to finish above .500 at home for the first time in forever. Let’s run Cleveland’s backups out of the building and then have all of our important pieces stay home for the last road trip of the season