Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I'm looking at most of our team and our starters are all at least +5, our 2nd unit is generally around -3, and then there's Cole who is -15 and has the most shots of anyone on the team.

This is all I needed to know to understand the night. 

• Upvote 1

i am not a big fan of those +- numbers, and not usually a big fan of Cole's, but those numbers really

paint a false picture.  Cole is being Cole, too many forced shots, too much hunting his own,

but he is not really playing as badly as those numbers indicate. 

1 minute ago, harryfromphilly said:

i am not a big fan of those +- numbers, and not usually a big fan of Cole's, but those numbers really

paint a false picture.  Cole is being Cole, too many forced shots, too much hunting his own,

but he is not really playing as badly as those numbers indicate. 

When you don't pass the ball, your teammates get frustrated especially if they're forced bad shots. This leads to mental lapses and frustrations which can cause defensive breakdowns - hence a chucker having a bad game can lead to an especially bad plus/minus when compared to teammates. 

I've watched enough of Cole to know he's talented but needs to have the humility to know he doesn't need to prove himself as an alpha and rather just let the game come to him and take what the defense gives him.

He's a great teammate and locker room guy, but on the court, he's just too hot and cold for me.  

If Jaden Ivey learns to just gain a little more court awareness and hit a consistent jumpshot in this league (which he's well on his way to doing), he's going to be a problem. One of the most explosive players in terms of first step the league has today. We really can't stop him from getting to the rim.