Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Beyond stats, can anybody tell me what type of Center Goga is? I’ve honestly never seen him play. 

Is he a banger with a high motor (Khem Birch type) or skilled finesse players with an perimeter offensive game? 

Seems like those are the only two options for centers in the NBA now hahah. 

Or your Joel Embid 

2 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Beyond stats, can anybody tell me what type of Center Goga is? I’ve honestly never seen him play. 

Is he a banger with a high motor (Khem Birch type) or skilled finesse players with an perimeter offensive game? 

Seems like those are the only two options for centers in the NBA now hahah. 

Or your Joel Embid 

Funnily enough I'd say he's somewhere between the two. 

He's actually a really productive shot blocker when he gets playing time (2.7 blocks per 36 for his career). And a pretty great offensive rebounder (3.5 OREBs per 36 for his career). He's a terrific finisher (shoots over 70% at the rim) despite not being the most explosive. Has attempted 3s with not so great results 25% for his career. Has flashed some passing. Looks pretty mobile at least on offense. 

I think it's a smart move. See if he's another Mo Wagner or Bol where he just needs the right setting to develop. He's still only 23. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think it's a smart move. See if he's another Mo Wagner or Bol where he just needs the right setting to develop. He's still only 23. 

I like him too as a try and see what happens move, the fact that was waived even if so young tells that he had a difficult time in the NBA until now, but maybe there's still hope. I get that Isaac is in limited minutes, and maybe they want to play him more with the starters, but with the recent rotation we have Bol and Mo together a lot of times, and that's a disaster waiting to happen in defense. Pairing one of them with Isaac, or inserting Goga, could be viable options.

Question: Do NBA stats get updated/Fixed? The box score has Harris listed at 3 steals. In game they said he had 4 steals, and then i witnessed one more for 5 total. Does the NBA ever go back over these or do they just use whatever was provided by the in-Game stats person who probably submits a sheet or uploads it later.?

You can clearly see 5 steals right here

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gary+harris+5+steals+vs+bulls

51 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Our current management fleeced Philly on the Fultz deal. They fleeced Chicago on the Vuc deal. (WCJ and the Frantz pick were already a steal.) I wonder which team they will fleece in the off season this year?

they already fleeced LAL

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Our current management fleeced Philly on the Fultz deal. They fleeced Chicago on the Vuc deal. (WCJ and the Frantz pick were already a steal.) I wonder which team they will fleece in the off season this year?

I'd argue the fact that Boston gave us a 2nd round pick and Bol for nothing is, maybe not a fleecing, but at least incredibly good work from us as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

they already fleeced LAL

Because we got a second round for Bamba? You know Pat Bev is not gonna play in Orlando, right? I think we need to be fair in our judgements and I don't see any reason to say we fleeced LAL. 

I do think we won the Vuc trade. And Markelle for free is just unbelievable. However i think DEN won the Aaron Gordon's trade so far: AG x Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and this next draft 1st round DEN pick (25-30th pick). I say it because AG has grown so much these last seasons. 

Edited by Phil4Real
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Philly made out alright in that deal, because we ended up trading them back their draft pick, which ended up being Tyrese Maxey.

5 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Question: Do NBA stats get updated/Fixed? The box score has Harris listed at 3 steals. In game they said he had 4 steals, and then i witnessed one more for 5 total. Does the NBA ever go back over these or do they just use whatever was provided by the in-Game stats person who probably submits a sheet or uploads it later.?

You can clearly see 5 steals right here

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gary+harris+5+steals+vs+bulls

anyone??