Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

first, i agree that this is not happening  the was a blue sky conversation.     Second i disagree about fultz having little to offer "off ball"     i do agree he is not a high percentage shooter, and it would be better if we had a high percentage shooter.    What I was specifically referencing was that I dont want him paired with someone who also "needs the ball in his hands"  ie cole.

I like cole.   I think he has grown alot and become a much smarter player and a much less selfish player over the course of this year.   but he still blindly hunts his shots too often

that was all i was saying coleus markelle ... i want both at this time.   but if i had to choose i would choose markelle.

of course, appreciate the dialogue and your opinion.   markelle is not the shooter that i wish he was

anyway   beat memphis tonight and lets keep this rolling

15 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

i agree all eyes, but sadly i dont think we will be passing chicago unless they go on an extended losing streak starting like tonight   lol

Yeah, I don’t think we’re catching the Chicago, Toronto, Atlanta tier. 5-20 start just too tough to overcome, but admirable effort. Most games we can win is 39 if we win out. Bulls are already at 36, Hawks and Raptors at 37.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Regardless people thinking we'd get Luka done for a couple lotto picks is madness. Look at the recent super star trades. It's taking 4 or 5 picks plus other stuff. 

Also Dallas just aren't trading a 24 year old super star with 4 years left on his deal, doesn't matter how annoyed Luka gets Dallas can just ride it out in the short term. This is a conversation for 2 and a half years from now. 

About the first line, I love how almost all trades proposed in the forum doesn't include our key players, same happened with Jaylen and others, as we're able to get superstars without giving up our best talents at all.

I agree about the second part too, and actually could be better for us (in the hipothetical dream) as we'll hopefully look a lot more competitive and enciting for other players in a season or two.

19 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

About the first line, I love how almost all trades proposed in the forum doesn't include our key players, same happened with Jaylen and others, as we're able to get superstars without giving up our best talents at all.

I agree about the second part too, and actually could be better for us (in the hipothetical dream) as we'll hopefully look a lot more competitive and enciting for other players in a season or two.

I disagree. Your statement specifically calls me out as if i am living on another planet. If you have some optional idea that you think would be the asking price of an upset doncic in dallas (who is rumored to have a close relationship with our coach) then by all means give me your opinion. I see alot of these superstar trades you mention and the asking price is alot, however almost all of the historical trades DO NOT have multiple picks traded in the same upcoming draft. That is what makes the value of the draft pick and salary matching games.

My suggestion is if a team had a sure bet of a #1-3 (if we get one of those) and a chicago #10 in this upcoming draft is Supremely more valuable then the promise of the Magics Pick in 2024, 2026, and 2028 and 2030 and some additional players. that is how most superstar trades value goes for. Example KD traded for (unprotected 23,25,27,29 picks) and three rotation players. My suggestion was we could send two top ten picks this year and future first (which is three picks already) additional 2nds this year and next, and players to make salary. That is exactly what it cost for durant. (im not gonna debate youth/age/experience/promise yes i understand those all shape the decisions) I would think Dallas would love to take JI who might be great, but they can cut for 1mil and use that money, plus fultz was my suggestion but they have Kyrie so maybe they dont need a guard. I would trade Paolo if they wanted him as i think Luka and franz would be much better in the end then franz and paolo (even though F&P could be great, not doubting that)

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I disagree. Your statement specifically calls me out as if i am living on another planet.

I apologize if I given you that sensation, but if you read my message back, it was only a confirmation of what CT wrote, and I was actually pointing out the general situation of the forum (I imagine not only the Orlando Magic one, all fans probably do the same) in hoping to get superstar players for "cheap". I've actually mentioned Jaylen cause was one of the most recent ones, but every season and every year there's such a (normal) tendency.

I'm convinced your proposal would not be enough for Dallas, not even close, but I could clearly be wrong. To pry Doncic from them right now they would probably need the assurance of the n1 pick to take Wemb, and who knows if they value him enough? Without him included, more picks, or specifically more talent (Wagner or Banchero) would be necessary IMO.

22 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I apologize if I given you that sensation, but if you read my message back, it was only a confirmation of what CT wrote, and I was actually pointing out the general situation of the forum (I imagine not only the Orlando Magic one, all fans probably do the same) in hoping to get superstar players for "cheap". I've actually mentioned Jaylen cause was one of the most recent ones, but every season and every year there's such a (normal) tendency.

I'm convinced your proposal would not be enough for Dallas, not even close, but I could clearly be wrong. To pry Doncic from them right now they would probably need the assurance of the n1 pick to take Wemb, and who knows if they value him enough? Without him included, more picks, or specifically more talent (Wagner or Banchero) would be necessary IMO.

I wasn't upset so I appreciate your calm response, and your additional information written blow is exactly the kind of discussion I'd love to have because you were very clear, concise, and your opinion was that you don't think that that would be enough. And that's perfect... I would be willing to trade the number one pick and paolo if that's what it took to get. Luca but I definitely would trade less pics if I was trading both those lol

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Always liked his intensity. Maybe they will actually play him to see if he has anything left in the tank. Why not?

I just noticed something. Tonight we play the Wizards. They only have two more wins then we do. That's it. This is with the healthiest year from Porzingis and 45 million dollar guard Beal.

Remember Kristaps was the first unicorn 7 foot 3 guy. He is the player Henny meant to draft instead of Super Mario. He was part of two huge trades. He got to play with super duper "star" Luka. And Beal is a guy who almost lead the league in scoring once. What the heck has he done? 

My point is we get too wrapped around these supposed stars or all NBA guys. A lot of them are not winning players. Teams matter,coaching matters,defense matters and how players fit on certain teams matter.

We need to build a team, we need two way players and we need to make good decisions. The Magic could be remade with one big move, but taking the slow route is probably best. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t know if I’ve posted this yet, but kudos to SAC for building a winner. People bashed the Sabonis trade, yet his numbers are now incredible. The Huerter trade looks great, Murray looks solid, and my guy Fox is balling. Again kudos to them.

• Upvote 1