Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

4 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Is it ok that I understand and agree with everything said above about Fultz ( including his limitations ) and still dont want to move on from him for an expensive FVV?

I think Fultz is a keeper and will eventually become deadly from 3. His hustle, defense, and attitude make up for any shortcomings.

13 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It looks like the wheels are falling off in Dallas just like I hoped after the Kyrie trade. C’mon Luka! Demand a trade!

Just came to post something similar. Dallas is a mess.

7 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Is it ok that I understand and agree with everything said above about Fultz ( including his limitations ) and still dont want to move on from him for an expensive FVV?

I don’t want FVV, either. I hope we keep Fultz. Perhaps give him another deal just like the one he’s on now. Without an outside shot, I could still see him playing the Livingston/Iggy GS role longterm… worst case scenario. On another front, while they’ve definitely improved, I still don’t know about Cole or Jalen longterm.

I've become ok with both of them. Would not be upset if we kept or let go.   But right now am happy to keep unless something better

comes along, and by that I mean a really consistent outside/3pt shooter.   (unless cole wants to be paid big bucks, even though he has been much better,

He is still inconsistent enough that I would not do that.)

In terms of building a legit team, the player we should be targeting with our money is Jaylen Brown. He'd fit beautifully next to Franz and Paulo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

In terms of building a legit team, the player we should be targeting with our money is Jaylen Brown. He'd fit beautifully next to Franz and Paulo. 

i agree

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t want FVV, either. I hope we keep Fultz. Perhaps give him another deal just like the one he’s on now. Without an outside shot, I could still see him playing the Livingston/Iggy GS role longterm… worst case scenario. On another front, while they’ve definitely improved, I still don’t know about Cole or Jalen longterm.

I would like to keep him too, but only if other moves to balance the roster are made, impossible to live in the actual NBA with 2/3 players that are bad from the 3's and other average ones.

For the other longterm choices, there's still a little time to evaluate, but clock is ticking and decision will be needed, hope FO doesn't believe that there's enough internal development to confirm anyone and stay put.

17 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

He is the exact guy we should be looking at when we make our big move.  

• Upvote 1

I mean, he will be one of the next players to rumored to be traded as soon as this summer. In case none of you know, his current contract was not the max he could have gotten. The contract has one more year after this year. He cannot be extended this summer at max money. He can be extended for less, but that will not happen so he will be a season long distraction as the rumor mill kicks in. Will the Celtics risk losing Jaylen or trade him before he is a free agent. 

Of course he is exactly the type of player we should be looking at but who knows how this plays out. In my mind he wouldn't be moved this summer unless it was a godfather offer. Having two lotto picks would put us near the top but i don't think we have the players other teams have that we would be willing to trade.

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we get the top pick. Would y’all trade it for Jaylen?

If he was under contract for longer probably. But with only a year left no.