Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jay Scrubb getting a 2-way contract for the rest of the year. Guessing Suggs is gonna be shut down, Franz is gonna miss some time, or both

Beat me to it. 

This is possible but also we have a 2 way open and Scrubb has been a stand out performer for Lakeland so possibly just tying him up past the end of the G league (last regular season game is this weekend I think). 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jay Scrubb getting a 2-way contract for the rest of the year. Guessing Suggs is gonna be shut down, Franz is gonna miss some time, or both

What a terrible name for a professional athlete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2. Markelle Fultz is one of the best stories in sports

In a lot of universes, Fultz's NBA story is over -- Fultz forever defined as the mysterious bust who derailed a potential Philadelphia 76ers dynasty. The No. 1 overall pick lost his jumper, was sent to the NBA's netherworld in Orlando, Florida, and missed almost two entire seasons because of injuries.

With no one watching, Fultz fought for his career. He is averaging 14 points and 6 assists on 51% shooting, and plays solid multipositional defense when he's dialed in -- including offering bouncy rim protection for his size. He is, improbably, a legitimate starting point guard, and still ascending.

Fultz is one of the league's craftiest players slithering through tight corridors. That is the bizarro blessing of his busted jumper: Fultz had to adapt and scrounge profits from strange places. He keeps adding spice atop spice:

Lowe then shows vids of Fults wheeling and dealing …

Holy smokes. Fultz splits defenders with a lefty behind-the-back crossover, and then goes all lefty from there -- culminating in a gorgeous pogo-stick push shot. Fultz is shooting 49% from floater range -- an elite number.

His journey from here is murky. Fultz is indeed an NBA starting point guard, but there are 30 of those; how valuable is, say, the 20th-best one? That depends on surrounding talent. Fultz is still a reluctant, shaky 3-point shooter. Is that the point guard to put around two potential All-Star ballhandling forwards in Franz Wagner and Paolo Banchero?

The Magic face that question now, with cap space that will expire once they pay their young guys. They will be under enormous pressure to win next season. Previous reports have linked them to Fred VanVleet. Fultz has been good enough to complicate their decision-making.

From Zach Lowe …guessing a decision is looming 

2 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Is it ok that I understand and agree with everything said above about Fultz ( including his limitations ) and still dont want to move on from him for an expensive FVV?

Yes, yes it is. I want a similar player to him as a backup PG, though the Cole/Suggs duo is beginning to grow on me, especially if we can keep Cole from playing hero-ball all the time.