Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

39 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I ain’t giving up like it sounds like some of y’all are …was reading other sites the recovery is not that long …should be ready to go by the summer …let’s get him healthy for next season …Weltham sounded like they were very supportive of him also 

I don’t know how you can treat this injury as if it wasn’t influenced by all his other injuries. The dude missed 2 years and was only able to stay healthy for a month coming back from that. It sucks, and I feel for him, but I don’t see how we can justify keeping him on the roster

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t know how you can treat this injury as if it wasn’t influenced by all his other injuries. The dude missed 2 years and was only able to stay healthy for a month coming back from that. It sucks, and I feel for him, but I don’t see how we can justify keeping him on the roster

I agree

57 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I ain’t giving up like it sounds like some of y’all are …was reading other sites the recovery is not that long …should be ready to go by the summer …let’s get him healthy for next season …Weltham sounded like they were very supportive of him also 

I am not sure we giving up as fans.  This is just more of the same. The contract has a whole clause about health.  It isn't just fans.  Sure six to eight weeks. And then what? I want him to be healthy. But he's often not.

I think the FO will be looking at moving forward without JI. My thought is you still have him on the roster, and you hope he is back in time for training camp, but you don’t guarantee him until the last possible moment, which would be January 2024. I think if he isn’t back and playing 20+ minutes from the start of the season, you think really seriously about waiving him instead of guaranteeing him. 

57 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Kudos to WeltHam for putting all of those incentives into JI’s contract. At least we have options moving forward.

I actually see it from the other side... I love JI, I really do, and I feel for him...  but the price paid for him with his injury history was out of reality. I doubt any other team was interested in even paying 10m. Incentives were the least they could add to such an overpay, and until now we've paid him at full price, we still have to see if they'll use those incentives.

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Grant Hill 2.0. My bet is whoever gets him next. Will know how to physically condition a player and he plays most of the games. This organization will always be third rate until new owners take over. 

This is just a bad comparison. Hill played the majority of 6 seasons before his injury. I’d be shocked if JI ever finds a way to play consistently at this level.

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is just a bad comparison. Hill played the majority of 6 seasons before his injury. I’d be shocked if JI ever finds a way to play consistently at this level.

Agree again.  I can’t blame the team for this

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Greg Oden

11 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Greg Oden

Much better comparison. Unreal talent, career derailed by injury after injury after injury. I’m trying to think of a comparison for someone who went through these kind of injury struggles early and was able to turn it around and all I can think of is Porzingis.