Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The only thing I've got is MCW is a culture pick up. He hasn't played a game since his last stint with us and has actually had surgery in that time I believe. 

But, he's been through a lot. ROTY to barely making teams. Having to rely on gritty defense just to keep getting minimum contracts etc. That experience can only be helpful around some guys who currently have the whole world in front of them in Paolo and Franz. Keep them balanced. He's got some playoff experience too (though not loads). If he plays at all I'll be surprised to be honest but you can say that about anybody in that 15th roster spot. 

I could see this as well. MCW could be a stabilizing/mature presence in a very young locker room. 

You know what? MCW, really? I am moving to Denver soon after over 25 years here in Orlando. Screw this team, time to root for the Nuggets.

I liked that he balled hard for us a couple years but talking yourselves into MCW is like how we all "talked" ourselves into Biyombo. It made no sense at all but we are fans.

I have to admit, I don't get the MCW signing at all. The man hasn't played an NBA game in a couple of years, and has been a poor-to-mediocre offensive player every year other than his rookie season. I will be very surprised if his defense is up to his past, because again, hasn't played in a couple of years. I don't see him having much credit in the locker room as a "veteran presence", so I'm just not sure what the point of bringing him back is?!? There had to be better backup PG options available, even some G-League guys on a couple of 10-day contracts. God knows he can't shoot well enough to play Ross' backup SG/SF type minutes. 

20 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I have to admit, I don't get the MCW signing at all. The man hasn't played an NBA game in a couple of years, and has been a poor-to-mediocre offensive player every year other than his rookie season. I will be very surprised if his defense is up to his past, because again, hasn't played in a couple of years. I don't see him having much credit in the locker room as a "veteran presence", so I'm just not sure what the point of bringing him back is?!? There had to be better backup PG options available, even some G-League guys on a couple of 10-day contracts. God knows he can't shoot well enough to play Ross' backup SG/SF type minutes. 

Do FO needs to explain this move? Will they?

Obviously the front office is just lucky. They have no skill, no clue. I can't wait to hear the afternoon guys on local radio rip them.

I used to say the Magic are the east coast Kings. They are except the Kings will be in the playoffs this year, we won't.

Do they watch basketball? All they need to do is get a coach to play Paolo on the block and get a few shooters while Franz and Fultz break the defense down. That's it. 

17 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

mate u r a negative nigel at the best of times. if we was fully healthy we would of made the playoffs thats a fact

disappeared?? hahaha behave i never went anywhere and never will. through thick and thin. good times and bad..

The Magic have cumulatively been the worst team in the NBA these past 10 years.  They completely deserved all the negativity they got and then some.  As I’ve said a few times, I’m finally starting to see some promising signs but we have a long way to go.  

Regarding our making the playoffs had we not started off injured, that’s of course not knowable.  I would point out that we’re healthy now and still not beating anybody consistently.  

• Upvote 2

I'm with you because i remember when it was summer camp after free agency and it was obvious they were gonna go with the status quo. Now living in reality i am happy they made the right decision with Paolo. However keeping oft injured guys like Chuma,Fultz,Harris and of course Bamba who we traded for nothing means another year of not making the playoffs. 

Our we on track? Sure, did we make strides? Sure. Team is frustratingly mediocre still! Fultz looking amazing yeah but it sure took long enough. Meanwhile Bamba,Chuma and soon Cole if he doesn't end the year on a roll are busts. I mean he better light it up because we have to pay the guy or face real distractions next year. He should be winning some games with his shooting. Remember the that 3 pointer last year?

Either get some real roleplayers or hold the ones we have to a standard. How did Gary do this week? Yeah he has the highest 3% on the team, has he ever taken over a game?

Pistons almost beat us because they shot better. Ross stuck around for years because he maybe could shoot but couldn't do anything else except when Clifford was here. 

Playtime is over. Put up or shut up Magic.

13 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

MAGIC @ PELICANS

Monday, Feb. 27th at 8 p.m.

Jonathan Isaac

Out
Injury Hamstring
Est. Return 3/1/2023

Out with hamstring strain
February 26, 2023
Isaac won't play Monday against the Pelicans due to a right hamstring strain, Khobi Price of the Orlando Sentinel reports.

FraJIle