Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

The Magic are going in the right direction. We did not have any real talent before and made some questionable moves for ten years.

Not having a real point guard for a decade, the stupid trades etc.....

Now we have talent, you can't deny that. 

Management killed it with the tear down trade and making the correct picks the last two years. However, it's the moves between the margins that are crucial from this point onwards.

Yes we lost last night because shots didn't go down. It happens. I think we are just one or two small moves away from establishing a team. They set the table for this summer, now let's see how we finish this year.

Stay positive.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Bloody loss, we can't afford to lose those games at home with direct rivals. The bad signals of the Detroit game were unfortunately confirmed.

It may be a coincidence but we had three 5-day breaks in December-January and each time afterwards it took us a varying amount of time before the team looked sharp.  Of course this break was longer.  Hopefully it's temporary, because we need to string together some wins to have any hope of making the play-in.

4 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

Whoever thinks we are contending next year doesn’t understand how team growth and player development works. You don’t just go from being a bottom dwelling team to competing for a championship over night unless you make some drastic changes to this roster. Making the playoffs next year should definitely be our goal if we continue to learn from these games and would be the next step in trying to compete for a championship.  

Agree 100%.  I'm not sure yet what my criteria will be for a successful season next year, but most likely it will involve at least being in the play-in.

Can we count on internal growth to be enough to make this team a contender?  I suspect not, that we're still at least one star away.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think it’s a hedge for our negotiations with Cole

Soul, does your comment suggest that the Magic might lose Cole through. . .whatever?

I just looked up the term "hedge" as it relates to business and the definition states: "Hedging is an advanced risk management strategy that involves buying or selling an investment to potentially help reduce the risk of loss of an existing position."

11 hours ago, JJZFL said:

This from the person who, after making a series of outlandish pronouncements over the summer, disappeared from this forum when we started off 5-20.

I've already posted that I consider this season a success even if we fade at the end.  I mostly post in between games.

mate u r a negative nigel at the best of times. if we was fully healthy we would of made the playoffs thats a fact

disappeared?? hahaha behave i never went anywhere and never will. through thick and thin. good times and bad..