Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I was really looking forward to this game …weekend important game big crowd …figured that would get us over the hump …very disappointing .

JJZFL …interesting that you mostly show up to post when things go south for us 

22 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I was really looking forward to this game …weekend important game big crowd …figured that would get us over the hump …very disappointing .

I watch almost all of them.  I post in wins and losses.  Couldn’t resist a bad joke after this game though.  If you can’t laugh when they play like that, especially after all these years, you’re in trouble.  

Carter and Harris combined 2-19 from the field and 1-12 from 3. Goga had as many rebounds in 9 minutes as Bol and Moe did combined in 43. Cole was bad Cole tonight and when bad Cole shows up we usually lose. Just not a fun night. 

I have been staying away because it was always going to be up and down. Get Paolo some focus and secure his ROTY. Anything else, whatever. That is my take. Coaching matters. Nuff said.

We should forget about play in now. Hopefully next season we get experienced and modern coaching personnel and decide to compete normally..

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

yep. like clockwork 

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

yep. like clockwork 

This from the person who, after making a series of outlandish pronouncements over the summer, disappeared from this forum when we started off 5-20.

I've already posted that I consider this season a success even if we fade at the end.  I mostly post in between games.

• Upvote 2

Bloody loss, we can't afford to lose those games at home with direct rivals. The bad signals of the Detroit game were unfortunately confirmed.

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The Moe and Bol lineups are killing us. Two of the worst defenders in the league 

I've insisted a lot of times on that (pairing one of them with Isaac when available could help) but in reality, I've checked adv stats and the pairing is not really bleeding point for us. Banchero has actually worst +/- in a lot of combinations.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

yep. like clockwork 

50 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

This from the person who, after making a series of outlandish pronouncements over the summer, disappeared from this forum when we started off 5-20.

I've already posted that I consider this season a success even if we fade at the end.  I mostly post in between games.

Not only over the summer actually! :P

You could say the same of me then, but I believe there's a huge difference between being realist (and critical when needed) than overly optimistic when the results and the numbers doesn't tell the same story. That doesn't make us less a fan of the team. I agree that the season is already a success somehow given the premises, but at the same time, reading some comments we look like we're on the verge on contending... and then the results doesn't really confirm that. Long way to go and a lot to improve still, in every single facet.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Not only over the summer actually! :P

You could say the same of me then, but I believe there's a huge difference between being realist (and critical when needed) than overly optimistic when the results and the numbers doesn't tell the same story. That doesn't make us less a fan of the team. I agree that the season is already a success somehow given the premises, but at the same time, reading some comments we look like we're on the verge on contending... and then the results doesn't really confirm that. Long way to go and a lot to improve still, in every single facet.

Whoever thinks we are contending next year doesn’t understand how team growth and player development works. You don’t just go from being a bottom dwelling team to competing for a championship over night unless you make some drastic changes to this roster. Making the playoffs next year should definitely be our goal if we continue to learn from these games and would be the next step in trying to compete for a championship.  

• Upvote 1