Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

7 hours ago, ball junkie said:

2. Josh Okogie and Jalen Suggs, finding value from the corners

If you are guarding either of these guys when a shot goes up, box them the hell out because they are coming for the ball.

As Suggs searches for his jumper and some defining role, he has contributed to the Orlando Magic -- 20-15 in their last 35 games -- as something of a chaos engine. He throws himself into rebounding frays, rushes up the floor in transition, and defends hard at both guard positions.

Keep an eye on Suggs. He is perhaps Orlando's biggest swing factor in the next few seasons.
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/35718595/la-gamble-westbrook-chicago-woeful-offense-meaning-high-five

I would rather have a player like Jalen Suggs than someone who just scores a lot like Ben Gordon, Jamal Crawford, etc. You need "X factor" or "glue" guys to win games, and Suggs brings everything you want to a team other than a consistent jumper. You win by having these guys on the team. They don't get tons of praise but they do the little things to make winning happen. 

Super excited for him to be the Starting SG on this team for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I would rather have a player like Jalen Suggs than someone who just scores a lot like Ben Gordon, Jamal Crawford, etc. You need "X factor" or "glue" guys to win games, and Suggs brings everything you want to a team other than a consistent jumper. You win by having these guys on the team. They don't get tons of praise but they do the little things to make winning happen. 

Super excited for him to be the Starting SG on this team for a long time. 

He's a 35% 3 point jumper away from being a legitimate starting SG for the next decade and possibly all defensive team guy (without the jumper he probably wouldn't play enough minutes to get noticed).

I still have faith in the jumper coming around. He needs to not lose confidence in it, his form looks solid just needs to keep working on it. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's a 35% 3 point jumper away from being a legitimate starting SG for the next decade and possibly all defensive team guy (without the jumper he probably wouldn't play enough minutes to get noticed).

I still have faith in the jumper coming around. He needs to not lose confidence in it, his form looks solid just needs to keep working on it. 

Dude also just needs to learn to play within himself (and the team) on offense. I rewatched last night’s game today and Suggs is just a mess on the offensive side of the floor right now. I wish he’d just mimic Harris’s game the rest of the year.

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I tend to agree, though his helter-skelter energy does worry me a little. I think it is what leads to his injuries. I'm hoping that as the game slows down for him, he will be able to maintain the defensive energy with a little more control, so he can stay on the floor, healthy.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Dude also just needs to learn to play within himself (and the team) on offense. I rewatched last night’s game today and Suggs is just a mess on the offensive side of the floor right now. I wish he’d just mimic Harris’s game the rest of the year.

I think it is beginning to come around a little, it's more a matter of when the game slows down for him. His game should be like G. Harris' pre-injuries. As CT said, a reliable outside shot and he has a legitimate shot at becoming a long-term starting SG for us. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Jalen STILL gets frustrated too often and too easily....and that is how his mistakes pile up.

In sports and life in general, you have to stay positive, you have to enjoy what you do. YOU have to make sure that what you do every day there is some or as much fun as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jalen STILL gets frustrated too often and too easily....and that is how his mistakes pile up.

In sports and life in general, you have to stay positive, you have to enjoy what you do. YOU have to make sure that what you do every day there is some or as much fun as possible.

I think Jalen is passionate / loves the game, and we have to remember he's only 21. 

The guy is a competitor but was praised for his maturity and leadership skills. All 3 of those things means the game will slow down and he'll play within himself at some point. It's a matter of "when" and not "if" for guys like that. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

I guess no one is watching the game tonight. 

Oh I am. Really hard to win a game when nobody on the team can effing shoot. But I guess we’ve been saying that for a decade now

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh I am. Really hard to win a game when nobody on the team can effing shoot. But I guess we’ve been saying that for a decade now

Also our bench, even tho Suggs and JI (when he plays) are brilliant individual defenders, our bench team D is horrific

Indiana's offense is just playing very well. The team is knocking down open three point shots and we just aren't hitting our jump shots. One of those nights that it doesn't look like we're going to turn it around.

Unfortunate, because we really need this game if we're going to jump over Indiana in the standings. 

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

4-23 from three point range