Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I hope we keep G. Harris. He's the perfect vet, even off the bench. Keep in mind we also just dumped Ross and Hampton, two guards.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I like Gary. But neither Ross nor Hampton were getting any minutes. The guard rotations are essentially made up of Fultz, Cole, Suggs, Harris and Franz SG minutes.

Likewise the forward rotations are Franz, G Harris SF mins, Paolo, Isaac, Bol, Houstan. 

We're about to add potentially 2 lottery picks, it seems likely at least one of them will be a guard or a wing, it's possible they both could be. Where are they going to play? I don't have a problem with them coming off the bench but I do have a problem with them not getting minutes at all.

It might not be Gary that goes. But I can't imagine a world where we go into next season with essentially this roster + 2 lottery picks. That's just too many guys who need/deserve minutes. 

I do like Gary Harris, and if he weren't quite so injury-prone I would agree with him being the perfect vet. His injuries are the only reason I would listen to offers for him, or look for trades built around him on our side. 

As CT noted though, we are (finally) getting to the point where our depth is such that we can't play everyone the minutes they might deserve. Who thought we would have said that even a year ago?!? I think this is the summer where we can trade some of our depth for an all-star talent to take this team to the next level.

To me our weakest areas are the backup PG (though I am still hoping on Anthony and Suggs continued development, I still count both as more "combo" guards), and a backup center with some size/rebounding that can help out with some of the bigger guys that give WCJ and Moe Wagner trouble, like Poetl did for the Raptors. I think that is why Bitadze is getting a chance to show us that over the rest of this season. None of our current guys have the size/muscle to match up against the biggest/best guys that even WCJ has trouble with. (In fairness, most don't match up with the likes of KAT, Golbert, Embiid, but Poetl, Williams III, Hartenstein also give us trouble).  We need this generation's version of Tony Battie, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I do like Gary Harris, and if he weren't quite so injury-prone I would agree with him being the perfect vet. His injuries are the only reason I would listen to offers for him, or look for trades built around him on our side. 

As CT noted though, we are (finally) getting to the point where our depth is such that we can't play everyone the minutes they might deserve. Who thought we would have said that even a year ago?!? I think this is the summer where we can trade some of our depth for an all-star talent to take this team to the next level.

To me our weakest areas are the backup PG (though I am still hoping on Anthony and Suggs continued development, I still count both as more "combo" guards), and a backup center with some size/rebounding that can help out with some of the bigger guys that give WCJ and Moe Wagner trouble, like Poetl did for the Raptors. I think that is why Bitadze is getting a chance to show us that over the rest of this season. None of our current guys have the size/muscle to match up against the biggest/best guys that even WCJ has trouble with. (In fairness, most don't match up with the likes of KAT, Golbert, Embiid, but Poetl, Williams III, Hartenstein also give us trouble).  We need this generation's version of Tony Battie, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat. 

we dont. all we need is a completely healthy Johnathan Isaac defence wise.

Maybe I’m a homer, but I’m super happy for Admiral. The money he’ll make the rest of this year (500k+) is game changing money for just about anyone. He’s earned his spot this year. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe I’m a homer, but I’m super happy for Admiral. The money he’ll make the rest of this year (500k+) is game changing money for just about anyone. He’s earned his spot this year. We’ll done.

he is a good player also. definitely a nba player

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

we dont. all we need is a completely healthy Johnathan Isaac defence wise.

I really like JI a lot and he’s a fantastic team defender, but he’s still fairly thin, so I am concerned he can get pushed around inside. He’s better off the ball, doubling from the weak side. He can’t really body up with some of the bigger, stronger guys.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I really like JI a lot and he’s a fantastic team defender, but he’s still fairly thin, so I am concerned he can get pushed around inside. He’s better off the ball, doubling from the weak side. He can’t really body up with some of the bigger, stronger guys.

i hear you for sure.